Email: Can't change "from" address?

Gags1892

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just switched to a D2 from an iPhone 4. I had the ability to change my from/sender address on the iPhone when composing mail (i.e. personal gmail was default, but upon clicking, I could change it and send from my work email address).

I don't see an option for that on the D2 in GMAIL. Anyone have a fix for this?

danwanna

Reaction score
The only way I've been able to do it is to change your settings in the web version of Gmail. Your phone will honor that when you send through the gmail app.

Not great if you need to switch back and forth, but it does allow you to change it semi-permanently.

OP
Gags1892

Gags1892

Reaction score
See, I need something changeable on an email to email basis, so that won't work.

Ah well..a shame.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
See, I need something changeable on an email to email basis, so that won't work.

Ah well..a shame.

If your accounts are setup on the phone then you can change it. In GMail you can. Not sure about the Email app.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
The option is there - a down arrow at the top of the reply email when you first open it. Tap on the down arrow and select from the available Gmail accounts.

The trouble is, the down arrow disappears after only a couple of seconds, and there's no way to get it back other than exiting and restarting your reply...bad design...