Email attachments

chrisd56

Reaction score
Hello All......I am unable to open any attachements from my email accounts> Is there a setting or an app i need to do this?. Also what does it mean when an e mail is Starred?

Thanks for any help

myriad46

Reaction score
Could you explain more about your situation? When an email downloads, can you see that there is an attachment? How is this displayed? What email service are you using? What is the attachment? Some email programs block certain kinds of files.

The star is a feature of GMail. It's a way to quickly tag an email and find it later. Much of GMail is built around the principle of google, which is collect everything and have a good way to search for it. In the sea of emails it can be easy to lose some. If you star an important one...later you can view all your "starred" emails as a short list.

OP
C

chrisd56

Reaction score
I am using outlook and the email opens but when someone sends something like a scanned document is says "unknown" mail.xxxx.com download unsuccessful.

Is this possibly because i am going through a remote server because the droid won't allow this email address from my work?

astough

Reaction score
I have downloaded a .pdf file and would like to attach it to an email. When I click on attach, I am only given image files to choose from. Is this a limitation for email on droid, or am I missing something? On a related subject, is there a list of files somewhere on here, and where?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What happens when you long tap on the document? Does email come up?

warrior21

Reaction score
I have downloaded a .pdf file and would like to attach it to an email. When I click on attach, I am only given image files to choose from. Is this a limitation for email on droid, or am I missing something? On a related subject, is there a list of files somewhere on here, and where?
If you get an app called 'attach email' you can attach various files from the sd card.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have Astro installed? If not install Astro from the market and have it search for the document.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
An "opposite" approach is to use an application like Documents To Go that enable you to manipulate file types such as ".pdf's."

[email protected]

Reaction score
I can not open any attachments from my exchange server 2007. However, I can open attachments from my pop email account. I have turned off off to accept all SSL certificates. When I try to open the attachemnt, it says fetching.., then I get a connect error. Any suggestions?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can not open any attachments from my exchange server 2007. However, I can open attachments from my pop email account. I have turned off off to accept all SSL certificates. When I try to open the attachemnt, it says fetching.., then I get a connect error. Any suggestions?

What's your set up on your email? Are you forwarding through gmail or using the email app? Oh and :welcome: to the Forum. :)

[email protected]

Reaction score
I am using Outlook 2007 on my PC, the Droid is set up with my exhange account. IT syncs up great for all my messages. I can foward the email from my PC to one of my pop accounts and it opens fine. I am not able to foward attachments from my phone.

ppophil

Reaction score
Why can't I open pps & wwv file attachments from my email?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

prowler85

Reaction score
I would venture to guess it's because you don't have anything on your phone that will open those kinds of attachments. Not sure what a wwv file is, but pps would require something that opens powerpoint (such as Documents to Go). I don't think the one that comes with the phone opens powerpoint. So since neither of these attachments has a program assigned to open that extension, they won't open. Though you should be able to save them (though not sure what good that would do).