Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Anyone have one or have tried one?

Just saw this on The Verge - The Blink Board is the lightest and cheapest electric skateboard yet

While the "cheap" price still isn't REAL cheap, it's half the starting cost of the Boosted Board longboards. I bought a GoPro and a bunch of accessories a couple months ago that I've come to realize was a foolish investment for me, so if I can sell it for close to what I paid for it, that will pretty well cover the cost of a Blink Board.

I think it'd be a lot of fun to cruise around town on, not to mention the potential for giving the dog a good run once I get comfortable on the board.

I've seen people try the Boosted Board for the first time thanks to Casey Neistat on YouTube, but wondering if anyone here has actual real-life experience with an electric skateboard?

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well, I pulled the trigger on the Blink Board. They're not supposed to ship until May according to their website, but that same website also had a note that they're available on eBay now. Estimated to arrive by Friday. Now, if Mother Nature would just thaw her frigid heart here so I can give it a go...(or at least just melt the snow we got yesterday and dry the pavement, since these things are not recommended to go through water)

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
My powered skateboard was powered by Nike or Reebok.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Nah, that's ok. I'll manage. Supposed to hit the 40's this weekend, so if it actually comes by Friday, I'll just bundle up good. Haha!

We're right on Lake Michigan in this town. Very vacation-y small town kinda place. I think this thing will be perfect fun and a nice alternative to walking or riding a bike sometimes. Might even ride it to work when it really gets nicer out.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but do they come with a remote?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Back then a remote was get up and turn a knob to change the channel and/or volume. I was my mom and dad's remote. They'd say "change the ___" and I'd get up and change it.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Back then a remote was get up and turn a knob to change the channel and/or volume. I was my mom and dad's remote. They'd say "change the ___" and I'd get up and change it.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
I was the "remote" for years.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I meant a remote for your skateboard. Haha! Old guys...

We had one of those TVs with the knob for UHF and one for VHF as well. We didn't get cable for quite a long time and there was a small black and white TV in the kitchen and a color one in the family room in the basement. We used the main living room only for visiting until we got the Super Nintendo.

In any case, I can't believe there's not one person on this forum that has experience with an electric skateboard. Am I really gonna be the first/only one? I thought for sure one of my nerd buddies had already made the jump.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I meant a remote for your skateboard. Haha! Old guys...

We had one of those TVs with the knob for UHF and one for VHF as well. We didn't get cable for quite a long time and there was a small black and white TV in the kitchen and a color one in the family room in the basement. We used the main living room only for visiting until we got the Super Nintendo.

In any case, I can't believe there's not one person on this forum that has experience with an electric skateboard. Am I really gonna be the first/only one? I thought for sure one of my nerd buddies had already made the jump.
we used to sell them at work and since I'm the assembler I have to test everything for safety. We had 100% return on them and the one I tested died about half way up the bicycle ramp. I just stick to testing the electric motor cycles, scooters, and quads now. Gotta test those brakes ya know. I'm gonna tell ya what. On a quad (or motorcycle) going down a 100 yard long, 4' wide lane @20mph feels a lot faster. Steel racking on both sides of me leaves no room for error.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It's shipping out today! Still estimated to be delivered by Friday. Here's hoping the sidewalks are clear so I can take it for a spin. Supposed to get 1-3+ inches of snow again tonight and tomorrow and you're not supposed to ride these things in the snow.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It's shipping out today! Still estimated to be delivered by Friday. Here's hoping the sidewalks are clear so I can take it for a spin. Supposed to get 1-3+ inches of snow again tonight and tomorrow and you're not supposed to ride these things in the snow.
There are a lot of things in life you're not "supposed" to do but live a little and please have someone record it. :)

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
There are a lot of things in life you're not "supposed" to do but live a little and please have someone record it. :)
I'd really rather not void the warranty and risk messing up a brand new $500 machine, especially since I already paid for it, but haven't put the GoPro on eBay yet. Wife's first question when I told her I ordered it was "Where'd that money come from!?" I assured her that I didn't buy the one I REALLY wanted that starts at twice the cost and that I'm selling the GP and accessories for about what I paid for the board. The camera and stuff was purchased with money I got for Christmas, so I can justify selling it and doing something equally fun.

As for the video, I don't see any reviews of this particular model on YT yet and I've got a fledgling channel that needs content, so I'll be making a video of me trying it out, as long as I can find a dry place to run it.