[Editorial] VZW's CEO Claims Heavy Internet Users Should Pay More Than Everyone Else

Red Droid

Reaction score
Personally, I believe people that use a lot of data should have to pay for it. I, for one, am glad they got rid of unlimited. You abuse the system, things are going to be taken away.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

Duly noted.

Please provide your definition for "abuse" of data, especially as it relates to network capabilities.

How much data do you use per month? Which data package do you pay for each month?

I have 2 unlimited lines, one used 39GB last month, the other used less than 10MB (no, that isn't a typo).

I also have a line with a 2GB limit, it had about 1GB of data usage.

Oh, all three lines are on the same plan 1400min per month, of which 44 minutes were used. We also have nights/weekends/friends-family/mobile2mobile where we used about 4,000 minutes and unlimited texting with about 5,000 texts sent/received. are we abusing the voice/text portion of the network too?

I am interested in your thoughts.

RD

TatDroid

Reaction score
Every time I read the title line of this thread I can't help giving a little chuckle. "People who use more should pay more". Such a crazy idea.

Last edited:

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Duly noted.

Please provide your definition for "abuse" of data, especially as it relates to network capabilities.

How much data do you use per month? Which data package do you pay for each month?

I have 2 unlimited lines, one used 39GB last month, the other used less than 10MB (no, that isn't a typo).

I also have a line with a 2GB limit, it had about 1GB of data usage.

Oh, all three lines are on the same plan 1400min per month, of which 44 minutes were used. We also have nights/weekends/friends-family/mobile2mobile where we used about 4,000 minutes and unlimited texting with about 5,000 texts sent/received. are we abusing the voice/text portion of the network too?

I am interested in your thoughts.

RD

I use 2gb/month on average. I gave up my unlimited after realizing it was pointless to keep it due to usage. I went to the 4gb share plan. I also had no choice but to do this, as I work for a company that sells Verizon and was not willing to pay $600 again to buy my phone (I did it with the Razr Maxx HD). I understand Verizon did it to themselves by even offering unlimited and then taking away people being grandfathered, but there comes a point where it needs to change and most people don't NEED unlimited data, they are just used to not having to keep an eye on their usage.
I am somewhere between 100-200 minutes/month, and 3k-4k texts/month. Do I abuse that? Yep, probably, and if they were to ever take it away, I'd be screwed and have to pay more.

Sent from my Droid Maxx