eclipse shared code

lmbgm

Reaction score
I've developed my first android app in eclipse. I'm new to using eclipse so hopefully this is an easy question.

I would like to make a free supported version and a paid ad-free version so 99% of the code will be the same.
Also, I think I can create maybe 3 different apps repeating about 75% of the code. If I have free and paid version, now its 6 projects to maintain.

I know I can just copy the project and make the changes, but is there a way I can share the code. That way if I have a bug fix, I don't have to repeat my work six times.

xksoftwaredev

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm honestly your best bet might be to get a text editor that can compare the source files for changes and then make the changes. I'm not sure if there is a way to do this from eclipse but I would definitely be interested. Honestly, you might want to consider using in App purchases to unlock a full version of your app. On average, in app purchase apps do better in revenue and you only have to manage one application. I have an app that has both free and paid versions and bug fixing is a pain since I have to make the changes in two projects. Best of luck to ya!