Easy way to move phome # data from OG to Nexus?

rjsurfer

Reaction score
Of course my Verizon store doesn't have the Nexus in stock (why should I have thought differently) and won't have it till sometime late tomorrow, so I could get the phone by 11AM tomorrow if I order online today. I'm curious if I can move the phone data from the OG Droid to the Nexus via the USB or something along those lines. It would save me a trip to the store and talking with the idiots at my local VZ office.

Thanks

Ron W.

sxm

Reaction score
What phone data? Can you be more specific?

orion2001

Reaction score
If you mean phone contacts, etc, that is automatically backed up with Google, and when you activate your new phone, they will get redownloaded from the cloud without any issue. For app data, you just need to backup your old SD card and pull in the relevant data to your new phone via USB. However, it would probably be a good idea to install all apps from scratch on the new phone.

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
The market already has my paid apps, but all of my unpaid apps are listed in the market.android.com site, so I'm remotely ordering them installed on the Nexus from there. I'll decide what I don't really want once they're on the phone. :)

OP
R

rjsurfer

Reaction score
That's right Google is my friend:D

I guess computing through the cloud has it's advantages

Ron W.