Easy Root - Now Rooted - Help

csantoro85

Reaction score
I just used the newest version of Easy Root to root my phone, but can not figure out how to remove all the pre-installed programs (BlockBuster, City ID, etc.. ) that come on the phone. Can anyone help me?

bcals0087

Reaction score
I would just rename it if i were you. Removing might screw you up when getting the froyo update. If you add .bak to the extension of the file already, the apk wont show up and it wont run. So if you need it for froyo you would just have to remove the .bak extensions instead of reinstalling. Just my .02

scf

Reaction score
download/purchase root manager
rename bloatware from .apk to .bak

Follow the above link and be VERY careful which apps you rename. Do NOT delete/rename backupassistant.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah root explorer was a very wise purchase I even made a word doc on my computer of what I renamed just in case. And I followed the list of programs that can safely be renamed. DON'T DEVIATE FROM THAT.

bcals0087

Reaction score
Oh wow sydman you read my mind lol and beat me to the post! At least he didn't have to ask!

OP
C

csantoro85

Reaction score
I already removed the Blockbuster and City ID, I won't be able to get the Froyo update cause I removed them?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Removed or rename? And no you won't not till you put those apps back and unroot. Some say you might be able to upgrade but it will kill your root but none know for sure.

OP
C

csantoro85

Reaction score
I removed them. So how do I go about getting them back so I can just rename them?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Did you not even read the How To? How did you remove them?

OP
C

csantoro85

Reaction score
It gave me the delete option. And yes I read I read that you could just find the files and re-add them

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Ok well yes you can find the apps again, they are posted in the hacks section. Easier to just rename them but either way works I suppose.