East Coast Storm....

Wopback

Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers go out to all of you along the East Coast....May God be with all of you during this time.....

God Bless

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
From 15 miles west of Philadelphia, thank you for the well wishes. We have LOTS of trees in this part of the suburbs and most power lines run BEHIND the houses, or in other words...in the tree lines. We have lost power here for many days in a row several times over the last 7 years that I've lived here, so for us, it's downed trees and power outages. I have a large backup generator, so I am good, but others are not so fortunate.

Still, being as far inland as we are, we have lots less to worry about than those along the DE, MD, NJ & NY shores. I sure hope that they ALL heed the warnings to evacuate. Also, I hope they don't suffer terrible losses but based on the expected storm surges, the high tide (full moon), and the hurricane force winds they'll suffer all at once - I fear the worst. God bless them all.

delcopa

Reaction score
From 15 miles west of Philadelphia, thank you for the well wishes. We have LOTS of trees in this part of the suburbs and most power lines run BEHIND the houses, or in other words...in the tree lines. We have lost power here for many days in a row several times over the last 7 years that I've lived here, so for us, it's downed trees and power outages. I have a large backup generator, so I am good, but others are not so fortunate.

Still, being as far inland as we are, we have lots less to worry about than those along the DE, MD, NJ & NY shores. I sure hope that they ALL heed the warnings to evacuate. Also, I hope they don't suffer terrible losses but based on the expected storm surges, the high tide (full moon), and the hurricane force winds they'll suffer all at once - I fear the worst. God bless them all.

Hi there I'm also in the area about 10 min south of phl airport. Just added a second sump pump today home depot if out of so many items. I have a creek on two sides of my property which last storm my back yard looked like it was all creek! Ended up with 3 feet of water in basement, reason for the added sump pump. Hopefully storm won't be as bad as they stay school already closed for Monday and Tuesday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hi, I'm near the Route 3 and Route 320 intersection, or more accurately near the Sproul Road and 320 intersection. We are fairly high in altitude here (I'm at the top of a 40' hill and essentially on the 300' elevation line - near the circle in the middle of the image);

View attachment 57714

...so flooding isn't such a problem in the area and not at all for me, though I do get runoff at a pretty good clip from my neighbors' yards just above me in elevation to the north (at 350'), but in the lower parts of Delco (where you are), flooding is much bigger of a problem.

Last edited:

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I'm here in the eastern part of Gloucester Co. Our power is still on but the winds are picking up. I'm as prepared as I can get. I have 11 working flashlights and my phone is on the charger sitting at 100%. My wife and I also have an extra battery for each phone and our car chargers. My travel trailer is ready. We can survive for a few days out there without power. The fridge is already on and ready and it can run on propane as well as electric and the water tank is full but that will only last us two days. To all my neighbors in the DE valley, stay safe.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I'm in central NY near Syracuse and although the brunt if storm is coastal communities, the wind here already is sufficient enough to be knocking trees down in the woods surrounding my home. I live back in the woods and am trying to batten the hatches before the worst arrives, pretty eerie hearing trees cracking and falling 25 yards away!

According to the news, we can expect alot of downed trees due to strong wind coming from a different direction than the trees have strengthened themselves against, odd explanation they gave but it makes sense to me lol

Edited to wish all those along the coast and inland a safe ride out of the storm!

Sent from my Supasonic Bionic!

Last edited:

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
d46d5696a833af630cc9a69eb02608ae_xlarge.jpeg

queens NYC... its loud as hell outside and the trees are whipping back and forth like crazy.. but that's about it so far

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I live in mobile alabama about 20 miles away from the Gulf of Mexico so I know what all of you are going through. I hope you all make it through the storm unscathed.

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
bye bye power

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
yep.. fully charged regular and extended and I have an external battery charger.. I'm good for a while lol

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
The morning after and we are fine. We were spared. No major damage that I saw this morning and our power stayed on. I hope everyone else is ok.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
sweeeeet said:
yep.. fully charged regular and extended and I have an external battery charger.. I'm good for a while lol

You didn't start the fire, did you?

We know how you like roasted marshmallows.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
2THEXTRM said:
I'm in central NY near Syracuse and although the brunt if storm is coastal communities, the wind here already is sufficient enough to be knocking trees down in the woods surrounding my home. I live back in the woods and am trying to batten the hatches before the worst arrives, pretty eerie hearing trees cracking and falling 25 yards away!

According to the news, we can expect alot of downed trees due to strong wind coming from a different direction than the trees have strengthened themselves against, odd explanation they gave but it makes sense to me lol

Edited to wish all those along the coast and inland a safe ride out of the storm!

Sent from my Supasonic Bionic!

Me too...live about 30 minutes from Syracuse. So far, on my side of town it has been pretty uneventful but interesting how one area will be totally unaffected and right next door will suffer tons of damage. It seems that parts of Syracuse, east of Syracuse, Manlius area has seen the worst. It's not over yet... I can hear the wind howling as I type.

Stay safe everyone!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
my friends house in Brooklyn was completely flooded.. chest high water... floating cars and all that nonsense.. his family is safe which is all that matters.. I'm still without power but that's all