Easily Flash Android N Without Wiping Data!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Every time a new update comes out Rootjunky is quick to release a modified script that makes it super easy to install. Google's images are broken and the flash-all.bat never works. Tom always fixes this. He also puts out a version that allows you to flash without wiping your data. Today he released the script for Nexus 6P, Nexus 5x, Nexus 6, Nexus 9, and Nexus Player.

To install head to the link in the description, grab the file that corresponds to your device, unzip the file. On your device be sure to enable usb debugging, boot into bootloader mode, and plug the phone into your PC. On the PC open a command prompt from within the folder. Type the command corresponding to the flash-all.bat file you wish to flash. Enjoy Android N on your device!

via RootJunky.com

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I installed off Google's link. No data was overwritten or lost. When I leave the beta it will be though.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I installed off Google's link. No data was overwritten or lost. When I leave the beta it will be though.
I'm considering the OTA beta method as well, but waiting for more reviews/bug reports to make sure something that I absolutely need to work isn't broken.

While I'm no stranger to pushing updates, themes, etc to my phone via command prompt, I'm glad to see they're offering an option to just take these beta updates OTA. Should make checking them out that much more enjoyable.

Glad to hear that your data was fine. The notice that leaving the beta may require a wipe has me a little hesitant to get started, but it really didn't take me long at all to get my 6P set back up after getting it back from repair, so I don't think that's going to keep me from doing it once I know it's at least stable enough that my usual needs can be met.