Easier way to share links?

joegrind

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is an app/ browser tie-in that allows me to share a link other than emailing it to myself or using Delicious. Specifically, if I'm browsing the web on the phone and want to pull up the page on my desktop...or even bookmark it to be pulled up on my desktop, right now I either email it to myself or add to del.icio.us...anyone have an easier way? Would somehow like it to sync with Chrome bookmarks on the web/ desktop.

Any suggestions?

JayMonster

Reaction score
Now with extensions for Chrome, you can use Google Bookmarks or Delicious.com bookmarks in Chrome, and there are already apps for that (as I guess you know)... There is not a "desktop sync" like there is in WinMo (ActiveSync). Sync goes through "the cloud"

OP
joegrind

joegrind

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'll just continue to email myself the links.
Hope Google moves Chrome to Android soon.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'll just continue to email myself the links.
Hope Google moves Chrome to Android soon.

I don't know what porting the browser would do. Google is a "cloud" company in these terms, their synchronization is going to be through the cloud, not a desktop app. (In my opinion of course)

OP
joegrind

joegrind

Reaction score
I don't know what porting the browser would do. Google is a "cloud" company in these terms, their synchronization is going to be through the cloud, not a desktop app. (In my opinion of course)

Well Chrome bookmarks are synced via the cloud on the desktop version...wouldn't a mobile version of Chrome also include this? Hopefully it would.

JayMonster

Reaction score
I see what you are saying... prior to extensions being enabled, Chrome Bookmarked with Google Docs... I am not sure they will continue to work that way as it was somewhat of a hack... my money would be them now sync'ing with Google Bookmarks (on both sides)

phone

Reaction score
Seems like I read somewhere that Fennec will have a plugin or capability of syncing bookmarks. I could be wrong about that though. Don't have time to look it up ATM but here's a link to get you started. They're suppose to come out with an Android version fairly soon.....

Firefox Mobile

JayMonster

Reaction score
XMarks (formerly known as Foxit Marks) is also supposed to be coming to Chrome as an extension, so I would imagine that they would also have an Android app.

phone

Reaction score
XMarks (formerly known as Foxit Marks) is also supposed to be coming to Chrome as an extension, so I would imagine that they would also have an Android app.

I use XMarks and like it a lot. I hope it works with Fennec.

ibnetman

Reaction score
I know this is the opposite of what you’re wanting to do but here is a cool add on for Firefox, "mobile barcoder". It allows you to go to a web page on your desktop hover your mouse over a black box at the bottom right of your screen and it puts a barcode up for you to scan with your phone. After scanning you can load the page with out having to type any thing in.

OP
joegrind

joegrind

Reaction score
Yeah, there's a QR Code Chrome extension which does the same thing....I'm sure that Google has a 'browser tie-in' in the works though. Does anyone use Dolphin Browser...I noticed the new update has a Google Bookmarks sync....but of course Google Bookmarks can't be used with Chrome...no 'Google Toolbar'