Earpiece scratched all up....

DroidHoff

Reaction score
Hey guys wondering if you all are experiencing the same thing. I generally baby the crap out of my phone even though this phone seems tough as nails.... the one soft spot I'm noticing is the aluminum earpiece. Seems to scratch very easily especially with the mini corrugations etched in it. Anyway just wanted to see if its a common problem!

Sent with a DROID RAZR injected by INFEX

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
sorry, I am using the defender series case by Otterbox which covers up that piece...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

todroid

Reaction score
You mean the Motorola decorative plate? Yes, it can scratch up. I have a minor scratch on a phone without a case since the release date. But it's not an earpiece (the earpiece is just below it) and serves no function other than decorative.

Last edited:

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
Good to know. Got the otterbox commuter and oe screen protector so its all covered up.

Papa_T

Reaction score
sorry, I am using the defender series case by Otterbox which covers up that piece...

+1. Wouldn't have a smartphone with the Otterbox Defender series.

clayrebel

Reaction score
My Motorola name plate has a few scratches on it as well and I'm very careful with my phone.
No case, no screen protector.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
My Motorola name plate has a few scratches on it as well and I'm very careful with my phone.
No case, no screen protector.

Ditto. A few small barely noticeable scratches but nothing real obvious, but I do have a ZAGG screen protector on it an my wife's as well. I hadn't had one and mine was completely scratch-free, but when I was applying one on the wife's phone I did notice two tiny (6mm & 2mm) scratches which were undetectable with a fingernail but could be seen in a refection of light.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
I should snap some pics of my thunderbolt and the DX and OG I handed down. Scratches are my only real complaint on the Bolt now that devs have fixed battery life. Looks like a pitbull used it for a chew toy. The Moto's look pristine in comparison.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
yep, the part scratches easily. However it it no way affects the function of the phone like a scratch on the screen might.