Earphones and music

creature

Reaction score
is it just me? when i listen to my music, my earphones make the music sound likes is crackling. Also, the music quality is not as good as it was before. is it the jack? could it be my earphones?

i noticed this after the 2.2 update

Last edited:

Xemnova

Reaction score
Hey creature, I had this exact problem. What application you using? Android's or another? If its another you downloaded then re-download it. For me it turned out my audio jack was messed up. Seeing as it came up after 2.2 for you that may not be the case. I would say that you should go and listen to music and when you hear the crackling (which is ungodly sounding I know) press down on the earphone jack so its being pressed firmly into your droids audio jack and see if it clears up. If so its like mine and its the audio jack itself. In that case I would use your warranty and get it replaced if you so desired. I didn't because I have an iTouch with the same amount of space, so I can't tell you to much about the replacement process except for what a Best Buy employee told me, so if you requested I could tell you what he told me. Hope this helps you :D

OP
C

creature

Reaction score
thanks for the info

pressing on the jack didn't help much.

i tested out my brothers headphones on my phone and those worked perfectly so i'm assuming now that its just my headphones

but who really nows, anything could be wrong because of 2.2

but thanks anyway for your help