E-mail Syncing

timbo99

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with my work e-mail account syncing automatically. I set the fetch schedule to manual and it still seems to update sporadically. Any ideas????

Dragonman4994

Reaction score
Put the power control widget on your homescreen and make sure the second button from the right is turned on(looks like a refresh button almost). That turns on auto syncing which I used to always have off and my emails would never sync untill I figured out what it meant and turned it on. But if that doesn't work put the email app your using and your phone in a response.

Sent from my Rooted DROID3

OP
T

timbo99

Reaction score
Hello Dragonman4994
Thanks for the info. I tried the power widget and disabled syncing and it did not stop the e-mails. I'm going to look up putting the app on a response and see if that helps. Thanks again for your ideas

DogPaw

Reaction score
I have been having this same problem with my POP accounts syncing when I don't want them to. I added the power widget, disabled the sync and it works all day great but when I come in the next morning my POP accounts have been synced? The widget stills shows off and fetch still shows manual. Once I clear out the mail I am good again all day. Really Weird!

OP
T

timbo99

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I've been doing some more digging and I think I may have to download a different e-mail app. I'm going to give it a try tonight but if anyone has any suggestions plesae let me know.

Thanks to all

OP
T

timbo99

Reaction score
I'm getting K9 tonight. Thanks again for your help!

wooddale

Reaction score
Glad you guys figured out the ptoblem but you shouldnt have to do that you have the most powerful phone in the universe lol.

VizioTablet

Reaction score
Having a similar issue on a Vizio Tablet VTAB1008 but only with my AOL account (Gmail and Yahoo sync without issue). Some email doesn't show up in the inbox on the android tablet, however, when I log into AOL in my PC's web browser, my inbox looks and works as expected. Another odd symptom - some messages show up with a date of 1969. I assure you, I wasn't born yet :)

I loathe AOL .. not sure why I still using it. I just need to email all my contacts and tell them they have 7 days to switch to my Gmail account which is superior in every category to AOhell.

In the meantime, I'd still like to know what's causing this issue. I noticed a significant quantity of posts on this subject across various forums .. so I know I'm not alone "android AOL mail sync issues".

AOL sucks. Period.