e-mail issues

rgerson

Reaction score
my droid does not consistently download e-mail. I have to remove the battery to get it to do it. Also I frequently change it to download new e-mail every 5 minutes and when I look back later it's changed back to every 15 minutes. This is the second droid phone I have received from Verizon that does this. The third replacement had a defective keyboard and every time i typed the letter "h" "yh" would come up on the screen. I am very unhappy with this phone. Can anyone help?

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Do you have your syncing options to run in the background?

Are you using the default email or have you installed a third party app?

OP
R

rgerson

Reaction score
droid e-mail issues

I read other threads and have stopped using the e-mail app that came with the phone and now use g-mail. It solved the problem. I pick up Verizon e-mail via my g-mail account and it's reliable. What is of concern is that I called Verizon technical support and they felt there was something wrong with the phone and didn't mention any issues with their e-mail program. When I got the replacement phone and continued to have the same problem is when I started to look around the web and came upon this forum. Thanks to all who post solutions.