E-mail from: ME???

bcorc13

Reaction score
In sending e-mails from my X via my work account, people who get the e-mails have been saying that the sender line says "ME". I changed my "profile" in my address book to read my name, but it still sends e-mails with the reply to name of "Me". if I send them from my work computer it comes up with my full name, which is what I want. How do I change this? It is very confusing and pretty much unprofessional. Drop me a line please.:greendroid:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In sending e-mails from my X via my work account, people who get the e-mails have been saying that the sender line says "ME". I changed my "profile" in my address book to read my name, but it still sends e-mails with the reply to name of "Me". if I send them from my work computer it comes up with my full name, which is what I want. How do I change this? It is very confusing and pretty much unprofessional. Drop me a line please.:greendroid:

Take a look at your Gmail account on line. Look in the settings for how it's sending out mail. It's probably said up as me, now how that happened I have no idea but I'll bet that's where your issue is.

I realize this is your work account, and I don't know what your set up is but if you're going through gmail at all that's where I would look.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
On the D1 and D2, when you setup your email on your phone (not gmail) it asks you to pick a name to appear on your emails. If you put "ME", then that's what's going to show up when you send an email. You can probably change it by cheching the settings, or else just delete the account and re-add it but put your Name in the area when it asks what you want your name to be.

OP
B

bcorc13

Reaction score
Fixed it!

HookBill,
Thanks for the insight, just for the record this is how it played out:
Homescreen
settings
accounts
(selected work account)
general settings
changed REAL NAME from ME to what I wanted it to read when I send something out.
Thanks again, now I'm a bit more professional, atleast from the phone standpoint . . .dancedroid