DX Newbie

mjrogers

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Droid X. (It was a birthday present from my wife) I love this phone and it is absolutely awesome. I am still in the process of trying to figure everything out about the phone. The only two problems that I have with it right now is (of course) the battery life and the other is that the screen freezes while typing a text message or searching for something either in the market or on the browser. But besides those I have not had any other problems. I understand that the battery life is what it is but if anyone could help me with the freezing issue I would greatly appreciate it.

zonaRSX

Reaction score
Hmm is the phone brand spanking new? Freezing shouldn't be an issue... What apps have you downloaded?

If you are using a task killer, uninstall it. Also go to the settings in your phone, find battery manager and customize a battery profile for your phone. It will give you the extra battery life needed..

OP
M

mjrogers

Reaction score
All I have downloaded is a game, a soundboard or two, juice defender, and a task killer. That's it. Gonna try and take the task killer off of auto kill and see if that helps any but we will see. Will re-post if nothing changes.

Thanks for the help

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Kill off the task-killer, remove it completely, and get back to us. If it's still doing it, I'd say take to to VZW and swap it out.

zonaRSX

Reaction score
All I have downloaded is a game, a soundboard or two, juice defender, and a task killer. That's it. Gonna try and take the task killer off of auto kill and see if that helps any but we will see. Will re-post if nothing changes.

Thanks for the help

Task killers are useless dude. Completely uninstall it like the others have stated. The software the phone comes with is smarter than you think when it comes to handling the phones tasks, task killers just hinder the phones ability and that's what is causing the constant crashing and freezing with your droid x.

Also, what is juice defender?

Uninstall that task killer, after that do a battery pull restart and the phone should be a lot better! (battery pull restart: remove battery and then put it back and restart phone, in case you didn't know lol)

OP
M

mjrogers

Reaction score
Juice Defender is something that I fell for that was supposed to extend my battery life. But from the way it sounds I need to uninstall that as well and just let the phone do what it does best.

Again thanks for all of the helpful info from everybody

zonaRSX

Reaction score
Yeah uninstall that too!! Like I said, check out your battery profile in the settings area. Mess with that and get it to were you like it...

For example, I have mine set up like this: Settings -> Battery Manager -> Battery mode: Custom battery saver, Off-peak hours (start: 11pm, end: 6am). Turn off data after 15 mins. Peak hours: Turn off data after: ALWAYS ON. And I have auto brightness ON.

Actually you should use those exact settings and see how it works for you.

OP
M

mjrogers

Reaction score
Ok I will try that and see how it works out. Thanks

OP
M

mjrogers

Reaction score
Ok folks an update to this post. I did the factory reset and guess what. I was still having the same problem. Took the original phone back today and got a brand spanking new one. Knock on wood and with my fingers crossed I will no longer have any problems with my new one. Again, thanks to everybody who assisted me with providing info on this.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have been having similar issues with searching on my d2. And as for juice defender I have had very good experiences with it helping my battery. The only reason I uninstalled it was because I am note rooted and using set cpu.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App