DVD Ripper FREE until March 15th!

Smitty258

Reaction score
Just figured I'd let you know that you can get WinX HD video converter along with their DVD ripper for free until March 15th. It doesn't have a specific profile for the Droid but I just set it to do an MP4 at 854x480. I'm enjoying my recently ripped "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou" on my Droid as we speak!

Download WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe - All-in-one HD Video Converter

Just download from that link. The license code is just above the download link. It's "WINHCD-GIVE-AWAY-2010"

Enjoy!

Reaction score
Just figured I'd let you know that you can get WinX HD video converter along with their DVD ripper for free until March 15th. It doesn't have a specific profile for the Droid but I just set it to do an MP4 at 854x480. I'm enjoying my recently ripped "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou" on my Droid as we speak!

Download WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe - All-in-one HD Video Converter

Just download from that link. The license code is just above the download link. It's "WINHCD-GIVE-AWAY-2010"

Enjoy!

I am already using some very good programs, but thanks anyway. This will help people who have not or cannot invest time into working with the freeware.

CBLJazz

Reaction score
thanks.
i was nearing the end of a trial of another program and didn't want to buy it.

this is perfect.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Great advice. I think I'll check it out. Having a default setting for ideal ripping to a Droid is perfect.

Haven't done it yet, but been planning to rip a few dvd's to watch on my droid on the plane. Sounds like this will do the trick.

OP
S

Smitty258

Reaction score
Great advice. I think I'll check it out. Having a default setting for ideal ripping to a Droid is perfect.

Haven't done it yet, but been planning to rip a few dvd's to watch on my droid on the plane. Sounds like this will do the trick.

Perhaps I wasn't 100% clear. It doesn't have a default setting for the droid. I just set it to make a mp4 file at the droids resolution of 854x480. Other than taking a while to encode it worked like a charm.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I wasn't 100% clear. It doesn't have a default setting for the droid. I just set it to make a mp4 file at the droids resolution of 854x480. Other than taking a while to encode it worked like a charm.

Thanks for the tip. What settings do you use for audio? I'd probably use just a standard stereo headset, so I suppose 2 channels. Guessing default setting might be Dolby 5.1, so 2-channel maybe makes the file a bit smaller since SD space is so precious.

c3p1

Reaction score
Cool! this weekends projects including finally converting a video for my phone--this is perfect timing as I will give it a shot!

bristolcat

Reaction score
I tried this, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that only the video converter is free - the ripper is not. :(

OP
S

Smitty258

Reaction score
I tried this, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that only the video converter is free - the ripper is not. :(

After installing the converter, the dvd ripper is also installed. You will find it in the folder with the converter under your programs.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
asks for a license code....

edit: sorry just found it. Thanks!

bristolcat

Reaction score
I'm not seeing the ripper installed with this program...

Tried two different computers with different OSes. Didn't work.

OP
S

Smitty258

Reaction score
OK. I went back and checked and the DVD ripper does not come with this package. It looks like I had it previously and I didn't know it! I probably got it from giveawayoftheday.com or something.

The HD video converter will recognize the VOB files on a DVD though if you know how to work with those, which unfortunately I don't. It can also be used to convert any other videos you may have to a Droid friendly format.

Sorry for my mistake thinking the DVD ripper came with this package. :(

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
so i downloaded this and idk where to put in the code to ahve it activated... any help?

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
Free Until March 16th now*
is that in response to what i said? cuz its march 14th, and i downloaded it awhile ago, but it never asked to put in an activation code when i downloaded it....

edit: im an idiot...i was looking/using the wrong video convert, i was using converter 6 not hd video convert my bad lol

Last edited: