Dual Core And Ram

MikeNerd1994

Reaction score
What would you guys say is more important to have a dual core processor with 512mb of ram or a Single Core With 1 gb of ram. I basically trying to get at which ones more useful Processor or Ram.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

aardvark502

Reaction score
This has more ram than my x2 did but my x2 was dual core. This is much, much smoother

Tap'n on miui incredible 2

ABQNM

Reaction score
Depending on the architecture of the processor, it could go either way. I do however find that with carrier skin sizes now we need at least 768mb to run but with an aosp rom 512mb is OK. With most stock roms I would want not less than 1GB now. There are too many factors but memory makes a huge difference so I would answer memory over dual core, but that is as long as the manuf skin is not too big.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP what phones are you comparing? Their are different factors at play on each. Software does make a difference. My vote would be to choose ram over processor in an Android smartphone. Choppiness often comes from low memory issues IMO, but if the device has well written optimized software it may be able to handle low ram. I would not get a phone/device with 512mb of ram or less at this point though.

Sent from my Incredible 2

OP
MikeNerd1994

MikeNerd1994

Reaction score
I'm trying to compare the Droid x2 and the Droid incredible 2. I choose to get the Droid inc 2 over the Droid x 2 I feel now that was a bad decision was it.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Droid Forums

ABQNM

Reaction score
I'm trying to compare the Droid x2 and the Droid incredible 2. I choose to get the Droid inc 2 over the Droid x 2 I feel now that was a bad decision was it.

I would take the incredible 2 over the X2 any day of the week. The X2 has better signal in weak areas but the on the X2 battery is miserable and for a 1GHz dual core tegra 2 the performance is a letdown. I love motorola devices for their solid build and great signal and sound quality but after having the Incredible 2, the X2 is not worth it. It was more of a stop-gap phone released to hold off the delayed Bionic launch. Plus there is very limited development for the X2 since it is an oddball with its Tegra 2 and can't be fully unlocked like the Incredible 2 can.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

aardvark502

Reaction score

I traded my x2 for an inc2 best decision I've ever made

Tap'n on miui incredible 2

beasleyj62

Reaction score
+1...I also came from x2....tons more love on this device!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
MikeNerd1994

MikeNerd1994

Reaction score
That makes me feel really good thanks a lot guys I guess I chose the right phone for my next 2 years