DropTheme For X

whyteboyello

Reaction score
Hi Guys ported over the Framework and customized the Blur to look like Pandroid's amazing DropTheme. ALL CREDITS FOR THIS THEME GO TO PANDROID AND TEENFACES (who I used the original idea for modifying the framework) All I did was copy, resize, paste, rinse, repeat. This is by far nowhere near as in depth as the Droid 1's Theme put I figured I would share what I have since all the Dev's and Themer's have done it for us. (This is my first attempt don't laugh)

I am not responsible if you brick your phone!! Keep a backup of all original files!! As with all themes it will take longer to boot the first time so be patient and if you don't know what you are doing DON'T do it!!!

cap201008101947.jpg
cap201008101725.jpg

Below are the files (rename .zip to .apk for framework-res and BlurHome rename services.zip to services.jar ) Copy to Root of SD Card

I am aware of the Black on Black in the pulldown menu but 1.) Don't know how to fix that and 2.) It's the only place I see it so not to worried

Run in ADB or Terminal Emulator (I used Terminal and it restarted before the end of the code but worked fine so don't be alarmed) TYPE EXACTLY WHAT IS BELOW

code:
su
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cp /sdcard/services.jar /system/framework
cp /sdcard/BlurHome.apk /system/app
cp /sdcard/framework-res.apk /system/framework
mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
reboot

Also including the Beautiful Widgets skin (just unzip to /data/beautifulwidgets/skins)

And background image for your viewing pleasures (again thanks Pandroid)

Seano

Reaction score
has anyone tried this one yet on their X?

OP
W

whyteboyello

Reaction score
I have had it running for about 2 weeks on my droid x everything looks great with it a few images need to be fixed when I get a chance but the only way you notice them is if your looking for them. I just posted it because I liked how it turned out and just wanted to share

Last edited: