Dropped Droid Stories

Reaction score
I've dropped my OG Droid countless times and nothing has happened to it. It's got that snap-on hardcase you could get from Verizon.

Sniper_5

Reaction score
I've dropped my Droid over 40 times since purchase. The only really visable damage is chipped paint on the battery cover, plus it doesn't always sit right. Otherwise just a few nicks and scrapes( screen is still perfect) no case, no screen protectors. My worst drop: I carry my phone in a lower right pocket on my carpenter pants which is near my knee. I placed it in the shallow pocket once by accident and ran out to the garage. Approaching the garage my phone flew out and I kicked it( steel toe boots). It instantly popped the battery out and sent it skidding. First across the damp grass, then the cement landing which shot it upwards and straight into the metal door sill, screen first. Thankfully it must have lost enough speed because I'm still using it today. Needles to say I never bothered to buy a case after it survived that Haha. I was cursing from the second it left my pocket till impact.

Sent from my DROID running UD2.5 @ 1Ghz

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've never dropped my Droid, got it the day the original Droid came out.

I have had it fall off my bed/lap in my bed room onto the carpet, but that's less than 2 feet.

I used to drop my old phone all the time when I got out of my car, I'd always have it resting on my lap, get out of the car and it would slide onto the pavement. So, when I got the Droid, I trained myself to never get out of the car until I checked my pocket to make sure my droid was in it and I literally cannot get out of my car now without checking my pocket and it's been over a year now.

Training works =P

ps. Yes...I know I'm jinxing myself by posting that I haven't ever dropped my Droid in over a year.

Last edited: