Venomhatch
Member
I assume dropped data connection would mean if I was tethering it would lose connection periodically?
No we are talking about dropped as in the phone stopped receiving any data connection to it.
I assume dropped data connection would mean if I was tethering it would lose connection periodically?
I found another issue. When I walk away from my WIFI or I turn wifi off, my 3g connection won't re establish. I have been able to repeat this over and over again. The only fix is a reboot.
This is a deal breaker for me. I can't have a phone that struggles with a simple wifi to 3g transition. I might be returning my Razr this weekend.
Just got off the phone with MOTO. They are asking anyone with this issue to call into their tech support explain the issue. They just had me install a free app from market called aLogcat, this app logs all connections. So leaving it in the mode that reproduces all these issues and let the log record everything. When you have the end of the day hit menu and save the log. WARNING this drains battery recording. So make sure you have a charge source near by. But if you return it. Your loss.
Well take it up to Verizon and get it swapped out then. Let them see this issue. Wish I could be there to see what all the settings were at.
ADW has been one of the incompatible apps noted already.
Damn that is weird. I made the mistake of putting adw on my first one and it was the culprit in some problems, so when i swapped my first into second one. I didnt reinstall it.
I'm using Launcher Pro + and not experiencing any problems either.I am using Go Launcher and not hacking any problems. I just switched my wifi off and on 3 times at work and 3g picked up immediately each time.
Are we sure that this is a problem with ADW? The problem doesn't happen without it?
ADW does have the privilege to read/set system settings so maybe it is responsible.