Dropped data connection?

NoStopN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
Twitter
@NoStopN
All LTE phones still have 2 radios still. Jobs might look like a genius for waiting now...

--
sent from my Razr

But whatever Apple can get their hands on (as far as hardware), everyone else can too.

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
I lost mine four times friday after activation at 11:30 am and then they replaced mine. But now my second one is doing it, twice today. My Fiance's one has done it 4 times as well. But we hadn't replaced hers because they claimed it was a tower issue. But now it is still doing it, and just got off the phone with vz tech support and they said still no issues reported. My Butt!

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I lost mine four times friday after activation at 11:30 am and then they replaced mine. But now my second one is doing it, twice today. My Fiance's one has done it 4 times as well. But we hadn't replaced hers because they claimed it was a tower issue. But now it is still doing it, and just got off the phone with vz tech support and they said still no issues reported. My Butt!

Ouch... not a good start.

--
sent from my Razr

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
For what its worth, I have the Charge and live in Cleveland, OH and have had excellent signal for months now without dropping. It did drop a handful of times in the beginning but not anymore. This weekend, however, we traveled to Fraser, MI (about 20 minutes north of Detroit) and the Charge is all over the place. From 4g to 3g to 1x then nothing,its been pretty crazy. However, my wife's Droid3 is maintaining a strong 3g signal even in the ice rink, which is a brick and steel box.

While at our hotel in downtown Detroit, excellent 4g with no problems, even inside it works great.

bullswife98

Reaction score
This data issue worries me I live in rural Illinois, I'm due for an upgrade in Dec and the closest 4g
lte area is St.Louis and I have my heart set on the Razr but now I'm kinda scared with so many issues about connectivity. Should I play the wait and see game? Would the Prime be the same way?

SENT FROM MY OG DROID ROOTED AND SUPERCHARGED!

NoStopN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
Twitter
@NoStopN
This data issue worries me I live in rural Illinois, I'm due for an upgrade in Dec and the closest 4g
lte area is St.Louis and I have my heart set on the Razr but now I'm kinda scared with so many issues about connectivity. Should I play the wait and see game? Would the Prime be the same way?

SENT FROM MY OG DROID ROOTED AND SUPERCHARGED!

Chances are, if you don't live close enough to a 4G area to even pick up a stray signal, then the 3G reception shouldn't be different from your OG Droid. There should also be a setting in the Networks area to switch to CDMA only. My Thunderbolt has a setting like that.

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
It has nothing to do with being on a fringe between networks that much I know. It is something that needs to be fixed either software, towers themselves, or recall. It would be one thing if it found its way into 3g a lot. But no, it crashes all together, and no network coverage.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah it wouldn't be so bad if it kept at least 3g, but losing data altogether isn't right.

--
sent from my Razr

OP
Chocula78

Chocula78

Reaction score
Dropped when changing 3g/4g settings

So after my battery experiment of being on 4g for a day (phone lasted about 8 hours with low to medium use) I wanted to swtich to 3g only to test the battery life.

I went into the settings and switched from LTE/CDMA to CDMA only. Phone dropped the data connection and wouldn't pick it back up. I had to restart the phone.

I can repeat this problem every time performing this switch. However, when I switch from the CDMA mode (with my data connection down) to LTE/CDMA, the data connection returns ONLY if I am in a 4g area.

Anyone else have this problem switching from LTE/CDMA to CDMA only? I'm gonna be rip**** if I need to replace my phone after spending hours setting it up the way I like it.

benz0

Reaction score
It takes a moment for me as well, didnt have to reboot though, maybe try the airplane on/off mode like for the bionic?!?!

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
Yeah it wouldn't be so bad if it kept at least 3g, but losing data altogether isn't right.

--
sent from my Razr

I agree, fully with this. It doesnt just downgrade causing minor issues, it drops out entirely.

Here is a link where you have to register with Moto on their support forums, but you can post your Serials and tell them where you live city and state and they are trying to narrow the problem down and fix it.

Link: https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/505435#505435

Snow02

Reaction score
So after my battery experiment of being on 4g for a day (phone lasted about 8 hours with low to medium use) I wanted to swtich to 3g only to test the battery life.

I went into the settings and switched from LTE/CDMA to CDMA only. Phone dropped the data connection and wouldn't pick it back up. I had to restart the phone.

I can repeat this problem every time performing this switch. However, when I switch from the CDMA mode (with my data connection down) to LTE/CDMA, the data connection returns ONLY if I am in a 4g area.

Anyone else have this problem switching from LTE/CDMA to CDMA only? I'm gonna be rip**** if I need to replace my phone after spending hours setting it up the way I like it.

Use cdma auto. Cdma only is supposed to turn off data.

gerelee

Reaction score
So far my Razr has been perfect and noticeably stronger in all areas of reception... 3g/4g handoff has been almost instantaneous, getting 4G in places (like the Best Buy in our mall) that the Bionic and Bolt wouldn't even consider getting 4G before... and I haven't fully dropped once (had it since 11:11 this morning, so about 12 hours). But hearing this is worrisome... hoping this isn't the rampant problem it is on the Bionic.

I'm putting the cart before the horse, but if this becomes a problem on the Razr as well, I'm about to call it quits on Verizon's "most reliable 4G network" because it's not true, at all. Fastest, yes. Most reliable 3G, yes. But every 4G phone has had issues causing them to NOT be reliable. [/rant]

from my experience, you are correct .. i've owned the thunderbolt, samsung charge and the bionic ... they ALL did the same thing .. lost the data connection. 3 different manufacturers, same result. even before there was 4g in my area, i STILL would lose data connection .. my 3g phones, iphone 4, trophy ... NEVER lost data connection. one tech support person even suggested that i just return the bionic as it was most likely the network, nothing wrong with the phone, so that's what i did. from what i've seen, verizons 4g network is NOT ready for prime time, sadly :(

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Damn, I almost want my X2 back.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk