Dropped calls help

ndynamo19

Reaction score
hi i just got my droid about 10 days ago. I didn't have a single dropped call until last night until about 15min into a call. then for the next 15 min i literally could not answer the phone or make a call that last longer than 2 seconds. i used my friends phone to call tech support and he reset a switch. but today the same thing started occurring again.

i can still send and receive text messages and surf the web fine. any suggestions?

Pam

Reaction score
My first droid dropped 5 out of 6 calls within 10 seconds. I was about to throw it against the wall. I took it in and the tech tested and tried it himself and told me it was defective and gave me a new one about ten days ago. Now I still lose 2 or 3 out of every five calls. Not using speaker, tried doing the *228 update the tech told me to try...it still randomly dials numbers, hangs up in mid call or pocket dials voicemail. It's infuriating and frustrating and I'll probably return it this week. I love everything about this phone except the phone so I am completely disappointed. After 10 years with flawless coverage on Verizon with my cheap little LG phones.... Home or while traveling (to all the same places I always travel to where my old LG worked great) it is pretty useless.

zenkat

Reaction score
Having same dropped calls and. Dialin numbers, also people no able to hear me clearly.

Pam

Reaction score
Just went to the Verizon store again. (spent yet another hour and a half of my time in line, etc...) Once again they say it's a fluke/defective phone and are sending me another one today which will arrive tomorrow. I'm losing faith, but I know if everyone was having these problems we'd be hearing more of a stink about it so I've got my fingers crossed.

ivmaui

Reaction score
My droid drops calls too. And my experience so far is exactly the same as Post #2 (Pam - Junior Droid). Pam's post was in Nov 2009, it is Feb 2010 now. Are there any fixes for this problem?