Droin Bionic Home Dock Screen Freeze

JKEPELS

Reaction score
I just purchased a Droid Bionic in order to jump to the 4G network. I also purchased a car and home dock with it. When I place the Droid in the home dock I am unable to select anything on the screen anymore. The screen just freezes in place and no longer accepts selecting any options. Any help would be appreciated.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Does it freeze on a particular screen? I know when I put mine on the standard dock, the home button doesn't work most of the time, but I can use the back button and the pull down menu. Have you tried either of those?

OP
J

JKEPELS

Reaction score
It does not respond to any button that I push. It is as if the entire device is locked with no option to unlock it. A co-worker suggest i call it and when i did i was able to answer the call inside the dock and that unlcoked it but as soon as i took it out and put it back in it was locked again.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Hmmm... I had a problem with my phone running random apps at all hours of night when I docked mine. So my problem was apparently completely opposite of yours. I took them both into VZW and explained the issue and no one there had any idea what to tell me. One employee did tell me it might be my particular dock. We couldn't replicate the issue on one of their docks, so instead of waiting around for it to happen again, I just factory reset. Then I started re-downloading my apps and found out it was neither the phone nor the dock, but an app I had installed (Seal). I uninstalled it and haven't had that issue since. So, long story short, see if you can put it on another standard dock at VZW. If it's the dock, they'll swap 'em out for you. If not that, it very well could be an app you installed. Last resort is factory reset. But if you don't have a lot installed on it yet, that should be easy enough.