DroidX Speaker/Sound Problem

DebraDiamico

Reaction score
Has anyone had a sound problem? When I speak to someone my voice sounds "tinney" also "scratchy" and I can't always hear the other person. Of course when a Verizon person checked it, the sound was ok. This problem has been happening more and more. But the Verizon guy just happened check it when it was ok. I forgot this problem is intermittent. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

grncrdbrit

Reaction score
I'm having the exactly the same problem with my droid 2 global....I also went to verizon, they did a hard reset but it's still happening, just not all the time!

grncrdbrit

Reaction score
Just read on the'No Sound' thread that to solve this issue lightly tap the phone on the bottom.....lo and behold....my sound is now working ... taking this phone back to Verizon again tomorrow.....

Droidx_guy

Reaction score
ok does anyone else have this issue. My volume sounds as if it is turned all the way down for everything; phone, music, alarms etc...

grncrdbrit

Reaction score
I did find that lightly tapping the phone does make the sound work properly again - for a while anyway.....I ended up calling Verizon, told them all the problems I was having, I'd already had a hard reset done...they ended up sending me a new phone...the new one is great, no problems/issues and I love it !!

cece5702

Reaction score
I did find that lightly tapping the phone does make the sound work properly again - for a while anyway.....I ended up calling Verizon, told them all the problems I was having, I'd already had a hard reset done...they ended up sending me a new phone...the new one is great, no problems/issues and I love it !!

I had the same problem and they sent me brand new one (not refurbished ) I couldnt use speaker phone or ringtones. I've had this one for three weeks now. So far so good!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Droidx_guy

Reaction score
I just updated to gingerbread and am having the issue. I'm about to revert back to foyo to see if its the phone or the update.

dmwoods

Reaction score