DroidX Bookmarks - how to move or delete

bill hansen

Reaction score
It's way too easy for me to accidentally Bookmark an internet site, so I now have a few which I'd like to delete. I can't figure out how to do that.

Also - is it possible to move Bookmarks around at all? The few that I've made so far were once displayed all adjacent to one another but now they're widely separated by a dozen Bookmarks, most of which I don't want, which apparently came built-in by Motorola. I'd like to have them contiguous again - and it would help me to know what caused them to scatter so I can avoid that in the future.

Thanks - Bill Hansen

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just open the bookmarks section and long press the icon of the bookmark you want gone and it will bring up a menu of options. One of them is delete bookmark.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
B

bill hansen

Reaction score
not on my Droid X

Unfortunately that is not the case with my particular Droid X. I had already tried it. A long press brings up the following options: Open - Open in new window - Add shortcut to Home - Share link - Copy link URL - Set as homepage. That list does not scroll, so there are no other options.

Any further suggestions, and - any suggestions about how I can move Bookmarks so they're contiguous again?

Bill

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
And you're on this page?
aefe568e-2027-b96c.jpg

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
B

bill hansen

Reaction score
Yes-that's the page I've been using. I guess some Bookmarks, including the one I made for Google.com, can't be deleted. I just tried deleting a couple of the unwanted non-Google Bookmarks and that worked just as you said it would Thanks! Now- the second question again- any way to move Bookmarks around?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I do not know of a way in the "stock" browser, but in DolphinHD (replacement browser), they can be...

OP
B

bill hansen

Reaction score
thanks =

Thanks Spaz and Smalltown - I'll keep Dolphin in mind. I'm so new at the Droid OS that I'd better stick with its strengths and weaknesses for (at least) the next few months. Over and out, for now - with gratitude for this forum and for people like the two of you -

Bill Hansen