droids messenging program wont play animated pics

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Has any body else had this problem? Can it be fixed I downloaded handcent but the pics are so small its hard to see them does anybody know how to fix either problem? If it can that it I Caledonia Verizon and Motorola no answer. They had no idea.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Has any body else had this problem? Can it be fixed I downloaded handcent but the pics are so small its hard to see them does anybody know how to fix either problem? If it can that it I Caledonia Verizon and Motorola no answer. They had no idea.

Man, that Caledonia Verizon threw me. :rofl3: Don't you need flash for that animation? No one has flash yet. Adobe is working on it, but we probably won't have it for a while.

OP
sharkattack99

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+

Man, that Caledonia Verizon threw me. :rofl3: Don't you need flash for that animation? No one has flash yet. Adobe is working on it, but we probably won't have it for a while.

Oops sorry i posted this with my Droid and it has the auto corrected LOL. Well they animate with handcent but like I said its so small its hard to see it.

So u have to have flash to very an animated GIF pic in an mms message? Thought that was just for internet.

Last edited:

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Oops sorry i posted this with my Droid and it has the auto corrected LOL. Well they animate with handcent but like I said its so small its hard to see it.

So u have to have flash to very an animated GIF pic in an mms message?

I really don't know. It was strictly a guess to be honest. Check out the Similar Threads section down below us here. Looks like other people have posted about the very same issue... And if that doesn't help, try a search for something like mms animation up above.

OP
sharkattack99

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
As far as I'm aware of, animated gifs are not currently supported by the Android OS.
Well that's dumb this so far is the only complaint I have about the Droid they fix that and this phone is damn near perfect.:)

Import roller

Reaction score
Is rooting the phone the only fix for this? Saw something on blackdroid that seemed to indicate that.