Droidmod ROM locks up at least once a day

Shaneathan

Reaction score
current uptime 16 days, running DM 1.0. 250min/1000max. This rom is as stable as stable gets. If you're having problems, lose the 2.1 launcher and wind your clock speed back a bit. Some droids seem to be able to handle faster clock speeds. My droid was totally unstable at 1.2 but rock solid at 1.0 I can run a stress test all day long with out a reboot of FC. Others seem to have much more luck with their max set at 800. I'd be willing to bet that some of it has to do with the amount of available memory you have, the apps that you have installed, whether or not you're running live wallpapers, or other variables that would be just too hard to quantify. Get your phone set up the way you like it, do a full nandroid back up, and then play with your installed apps/clock speeds/ etc. till you find what works for you. I have my stable setup and apps saved as a full backup, so if I change things and screw stuff up, I can always go back to my base.

Just my $.02.

Jim

I've never used the 2.1 launcher, my clock speed is at 800mhz max, my memory has over 100 free and no live wallpapers. I haven't installed any apps recently, so that wouldn't explain why my phone was having trouble today.

jsmcdon1

Reaction score
I have had this happen once a day or so as well. The first time it locked up and I did a battery pull, and after reset my root was broken and I had to do a reflash back to stock. Nothing I tried would fix my broken root access. So, it appears to be something we have to deal with if we want the benefits of rooting/ROMing.

jsmcdon1

Reaction score
BTW I'm not using the 2.1 launcher and had slowed it down to 800mhz. It still locks up. I haven't tried it with active wallpaper turned off though. Worth a shot...but I love my active wallpapers!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Which launcher are you using. When I got rid of the 3d launcher it has been smotther. I am running the Helixlauncher 1. I will admit, though Droidmod is a good mod; compared to ultimate droid, it is a litlle slow.

jsmcdon1

Reaction score
I use the Helix launcher also. I really like this launchers features. The phone runs really smooth and reasonably fast. My only issue is the lockups and battery pulls.

Shaneathan

Reaction score
So I did some experimenting and found that my Droid will lock up if I'm running it at more than 600MHz. I thought I read something about installing a kernel to make it work better? How do you install kernels?

Telerding

Reaction score
Have been running DM since the beginning; SetCPU 1200GHz/250GHz on demand; Helix launcher; live wallpapers; 130+ apps; 1/2 full SD card; updated baseband;

Have had VERY few FCs, none in last week or so.

Has good response. I like it.