Droidicons on the X

Fx4Nick

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got the droidx for me and my wife for Christmas. I have only had a chance to play with them for a few hours, they are not even activated yet because they are Christmas gifts. My wife and I come from BlackBerrys and she is in love with the smileys in the SMS texts. I am looking for an app that has these smileys or the droidicons. What I want is something that shows the actual icon not the symbol when I send it. I have been doing a lot of reading in this and other forums and Handcent seems to be a good app for multiple reasons. But are these icons (smileys/droidicons) available with the Handcent app? Are there any other options to get these icons? I have basic knowledge of computers and phones. I try to keep things simple I doubt I will root the phones or do other major modifications. I won't be able to say until I get the chance to use them for a few days.

If anyone has any screen shots of the Handcent app with icons that would be appriciated.

Thanks
Nick

Howdydoesit

Reaction score
Both the stock txt app and handscent have smileys. Hold down the smiley face key and actual droid icons will come up. In handscent you push the button to the left of the txt field and an option menu will come up, one option is for smileys.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
F

Fx4Nick

Reaction score
do the actual icons show up or is it just the symbols?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
In Handcent, the symbols show up in the text field as you are typing, but when sent, the actual smiley shows up...

In the stock messaging app, its just the symbols when using the Swype keyboard...I do not know about the Droid Keyboard as I dont use it.

N

Nickchapstick

if you root and install roms and themes you can have different smileys. I have ruvix 1.9 rom and black juice blue theme and they show as little alien guys.

Sent from Nicks Ultimate Droid X

OP
F

Fx4Nick

Reaction score
Do they show up like aliens on the other persons phone too???

Howdydoesit

Reaction score
Droid icons only show up on other droids. I had an iphone before my X and my droid buddies smileys showed up as just regular txt versions.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App