DroidForums Video: Android Comparison Video: Sony Xperia Z3 vs Motorola Droid Turbo

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

We have another video treat for you folks today! Our trusty resident mobile-master smalltowngirl13, flexed her creative muscles and put together a cool Android comparison video. We have the Sony Xperia Z3 pitted against the Motorola Droid Turbo. It's not an actual fight-style comparison, but is mostly just a quick comparison of the main highlights of both devices, like the UI, the settings, the camera and more.

We thank smalltowngirl13 for her excellent presentation and look forward to more videos from her and the news team later next week! Please share your perspective on these two incredible devices in the thread, and check out the DroidForums YouTube channel for more videos.

For more discussions regarding the Motorola Droid Turbo, check out our dedicated section here: Motorola Droid Turbo Android Forum at DroidForums.net

For more discussions regarding the Sony Xperia Z3v, check out our dedicated section here: Sony Xperia Z3 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Last edited:

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Great video. It makes it pretty difficult to choose one over the other.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Nice reviews, STG. Definitely shows just how different two phones running the same version of Android can really be. It's quite amazing in fact, and those phones don't even come close IMHO to the Samsung Note devices for features and manufacturer's customizations.

What's also interesting is how much personal preference plays a role in which phone is the preferred device for one versus for another person. I can see that using the Xperia I'd have a definite learning curve to overcome. The Turbo on the other hand (no pun intended), just felt like a natural transition for me coming from the Droid MAXX, Droid RAZR MAXX, Droid RAZR, Droid 2, and the OG Droid.

There was a short hiatus from the Motorola line for me with a Samsung Galaxy S4 between my Droid RAZR MAXX and Droid MAXX but it was a very short lived vacation after needing to carry 3 batteries to assure a full day's power, and I couldn't wait to get back to my familiar Motorola environment. I'd love to down time with the Xperia Z3V, just to see if the environment could become comfortable to me but I can say for sure that I'm loving my Turbo.

Last edited:

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Nice job STG! Good to see a video from her :D

I personnally choose the Turbo because I like the smaller size, but the Sony is a beautiful product.