DroidForums Official Podcast - Starter thread

Big Lou

Reaction score
I spoke with the administrators and was given permission to move forward with this...

I would like to start a DroidForums podcast. For those of you not familiar (leave your cave) with a podcast, it is essentially a downloadable/streamable internet radio show. In it, people would discuss topics related to the podcast--there are ones for sports, technology, health... anything you can think of.

I feel DroidForums and the Droid scene itself would benefit greatly by having a voice and a portal for community involvement. A podcast is a great way to spread the word and keep people coming back for more.

Here is what I am proposing:

-----------------------------------------

Format:

For now, we will keep these episodes short and sweet. Perhaps the pilot will be 15-30 minutes in length. There will be a few pre-determined segments, and for each episode, new content will be placed in these topics. Here are a few ideas on topics:

• Introduction
  • Droid News
  • Droid Development
  • Closing
As you can see, it doesn't need to be ultra complicated. As we get more and more people interested and have a more structured show, perhaps we can expand on this and increase the length of the show.

Casting:

I will be one of the hosts, but a podcast can get boring with one personality. I'd like to extend the offer to this community to help me out. I'd like to call on one or two of you to be a cohost with me. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please let me know... but do read the following:

Potential cohosts will be required to speak, a lot, and actually know what they are talking about. I'd prefer at least one person with knowledge and experience with Android development. You will also need to be dedicated. Recordings for now will not necessarily be a weekly thing, the first may not even happen for another month. But when we do become more regular, I have to know that I can count on you.

• Have a good, clear voice
  • Be knowledgeable, friendly, and talkative
  • Be dedicated and dependable
  • Be interested in the DroidForums community!
If this sounds like you, then please contact me about the opportunity to be a cohost. Before I accept anyone outright, I will conduct a test recorded interview. I must make sure you are comfortable in front of a mic.

-----------------------------------------

There's not a whole lot of information yet... but I'll keep this thread updated as I get new ideas. Please, if you are interested, send me a PM. Please include any experience in podcasts, android development, or whatever else you think you can bring to the table! Also, if you have production experience, that would be a bonus. I can produce the show entirely myself, but I don't have any special equipment, and time is not the biggest asset I own.

Thank you,
Brian

ktruba

Reaction score
Seems like a good idea, I'd definitely give it a listen considering how new I am to my Droid.

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
i am interested for sure! i am always looking for new channels on MediaFly!

HeroNova

Reaction score
Definitely would be interested in listening to the podcasts, but I'm also considering working with you co-hosting or with production. I'm going to assess my time situation and I'll PM you.

MadDroidTX

Reaction score
Great idea. Id like to throw my hat in for cohost, maybe in an app or game review capacity?