DroidForums.net Site Upgrade

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We have just completed a site migration and software upgrade. We are now running the latest version of Xenforo 2. You will notice many changes to the software as the jump from version 1 to 2 is pretty significant. The galleries have been converted and the new software also has emoji support. Tapatalk has had some security issues so we no longer support Tapatalk but the new software has a much improved mobile experience. The site is also being served securely over HTTP/2 which brings some speed benefits as well.

We are still tweaking some things and adding some add-ons. In addition the search index is rebuilding and will take some time... it will also negatively impact performance of the site while the rebuild happens.

Thank you for being a member and your patience while we iron out the wrinkles!

Edit: During the upgrade we had a few posts/threads that did not come over in the conversion. It would have only been posts made after I did a database dump and moved, so I think it was only 3 or 4 posts. If yours was one of those I apologize.

Last edited:

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
The new droid forums really suck.

Last edited:

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Give us a couple of days to sort the issues out with the upgrade. The new software supports a lot of new MUCH needed features. Give the new mobile skin a chance!

socal droid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S21+
Ok, but am experiencing some Tapatalk withdrawals this morning ... What was the reason for the decision to no longer support Tapatalk, and is that a final decision?

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
No Tapatalk... Well, that does pose a no go moment...