Droid2Global unable to SEND text to specific contact.

artpdroid2g

Reaction score
This is so weird. Maybe someone can help me sort it out before I go back to the Verizon store...

One of my contacts does not receive my texts for hours. I deleted and reentered the contact number to no avail. I even created a duplicate ID with the same number; the phone number is the primary key.

I then checked the contacts History and found Incoming & Outgoing phone records of communications between the original contact ID (OID), and only the text message TO me from the OID, but none that I had SENT. There is no history of any text communication under the DID, even though there had been.

I also looked under the “Messaging” icon at the “Universal Inbox” and “Text Messaging” inbox to compare posted texts. The DID appears in the UI history, and the OID appears in the TM history: the same text message content appears under both IDs.

So, THEN I went back to the actual Messages and pressed on the DID; the OID image and message history listed. I pressed an individual message until I could scroll and select “View Report” and “Message Details”.

The delayed messages SENT by me to the contact said this:

Under the OID View Report:
OID name is listed > “Pending” is the status.

Under the OID Message Details:
Type: SMS message
To: 1-###-###-####
Sent: Date & Time
Priority: Normal
Cause Code: OK or Msg Dlvd, 32768

Messages sent TO me arriving later from the OID said this:
To: ########## (note there is no hyphen or #1)

An on-time message RECEIVED by me from another contact (OCID) said this:

Under the other’s View Report:
OCID name is listed > “Received” is the status.

Under the OCID Message Details:
To: ########## (note there is no hyphen or #1)

Under the OCID Message Details the message is the same as the OID delay-even though it arrived less than a minute later:
To: ##########
Cause Code: OK or Msg Dlvd, 32768

Any insight? Thanks. I’m at a loss…

Taegost

Reaction score
Are they on one of the smaller carriers, like MetroPCS? All of my friends that have Metro have issues every now and then when I send messages with them being delayed or coming through multiple times, and I've heard of similar issues with my friends that have other "no-name" wireless carriers.

OP
A

artpdroid2g

Reaction score
Are they on one of the smaller carriers, like MetroPCS? All of my friends that have Metro have issues every now and then when I send messages with them being delayed or coming through multiple times, and I've heard of similar issues with my friends that have other "no-name" wireless carriers.
Contact is on Sprint Nextel.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have you talked to VZW TS? Has your contact contacted Sprint?

OP
A

artpdroid2g

Reaction score
Going to the Verizon Store...

I am going in to talk w the store manager about these issues and contemplate another phone. Meanwhile, this forum has provided lots of resource information to work with, and I'm not sure another phone will solve this problem or create another one!!

I didn't realize so many others shared these problems with the Droid. I had been looking forward to getting one. Wish I had read this forum first.

OP
A

artpdroid2g

Reaction score
BTW-I just got a text from OID regarding a text sent at 1240hrs. The time stamp on the reply text message is 1627hrs. The Contact History time stamp for the message says 1130hrs.