Droid2 Newbie Questions

llanelwy

Reaction score
Hi

I just got my droid2 yesterday. I have a few question i am hoping you can help me with.

Question1
------------
When i plug my droid2 into my Pc or mac i see a cd automount and i see the SD card mount.

Is there a way to see in internal memory when i plug it in via usb?. I am using a mac. I tried it on my wifes pc and see the same behavior. Even when i installed the drivers on the CD. I never see the internal memory.

Is this normal/intended Behavior?

Question2
-------------

How can you change the camera application to save to the internal memory instead of the sd card and vice versa? It would be nice to be able to do if i ever run out of space on the sd card while away from a compter.

Question3 (last one i promise)
------------
Is there a way of assigning contacts to a group on the droid and giving the group a rintone. instead of assigning each contact a ringtone manually?

thanks

Steve

Last edited:

trook

Reaction score
To answer your 1st question, you can't access internal files via pc, you need a file explorer for that, and you cannot change internal files unless your rooted. As for the other ?'s, I'm sorry I just don't know.

pool_shark

Reaction score
1. You cannot access the Droid 2 internal memory.

2. You cannot change the location of camera's saved pics.

3. You may find an app that can do that, but not out of the box.

OP
L

llanelwy

Reaction score

Wow thanks for the quick answers.

One more question. In requards to wall papers. I have downloaded a bunch from here but, i am not sure where to put them. I just made a folder on the sd and tried setting them via media gallery from the wall paper option. Even though they are the right size/shape they get cut off. Is there a better place to put them to get them to work right as a background?

thanks

Steve

pool_shark

Reaction score

Wow thanks for the quick answers.

One more question. In requards to wall papers. I have downloaded a bunch from here but, i am not sure where to put them. I just made a folder on the sd and tried setting them via media gallery from the wall paper option. Even though they are the right size/shape they get cut off. Is there a better place to put them to get them to work right as a background?

thanks

Steve

The location doesn't matter, only the size.