Droid X2 Stock Email App Keeps Closing Randomly

imunknown2u

Reaction score
Hey everybody, just curious if this is happening to other people as well. I have my corporate sync email setup on my X2. When I first set it up and everything was successful, every time I tried to open the Email app, it would show my messages and then just close back to the home screen. I'd then try to open agian, go into settings to try and change something, and then it would close again. It was annoying. I deleted and re-added my accounts and finally got it to stop doing it. Then today, it started doing it again. I got an email notification, I'd pull it down to read it, it would close, and then say I have a new email again (the same email I was trying to read). I go into the email app, try to open it, and boom, it would close again. Also, from time to time it just loses connection to my server and wont fetch new email. Sometimes these 2 things happen together, most of the time not. Very annoying. While these were happening, there was no issues appearing on our email server for my work email. Get's annoying when you rely on this thing for email and it can't even do that. Anyone else have these issues?

jayally

Reaction score
I am having the same problem and a battery pull and re-adding the mail accounts doesn't help. My phone is rooted but it worked fine and has been doing this for about a week now. It does it for my Work and Gmail account.