Droid X2 overheating, now won't turn on

proximity

Reaction score
So during work one night my phone felt hot in my pocket, so I took it out and noticed it acted as though it was off. I took the battery out, waited a minute or two and popped it back in and turned the phone on. It again got pretty hot so I turned it off, but it still stayed hot. I took the battery out, then I waited a few more minutes and put the battery back in but I did not turn the phone on. Again, it was getting hot. So for the rest of the night I just left the battery out.

I had to work the morning the next day so I still left the battery out. But I did pop it in during work to see if I had any calls/texts. Took it back out after though, and left it out until I got back home. I had the phone turned on at home, but just before I left for the verizon store, the battery died. Plugging in the charger didn't work and I couldn't get the phone to turn on at all.

They sent me a new phone in the mail, so I planned on charging the battery in the new X2 they sent me and then putting the battery in my old one to get my stuff off the phone. But now, even with a full battery, I can't get my old phone to turn on, but it's still getting hot when I put the battery in.

Is there anything I can do to turn it on or at least access the internal storage to get some data off I need? Would really appreciate any help.