Droid X2!! Need Help w/process of rooting

Cierrahauff

Reaction score
I was looking for any information on how to root Droid X2 I looked in the list and did not find it listed I know what rooting your phone is and I understand the benefits and possible side effects if done incorrectly I have tried to do as much research as possible and am still not finding the answers I am looking for. I have jailbroken iphones and ipod touches as well as unlocked many phones. The droid X2 has me still confused as to where even to begin the process of i have seen people call it Pre-rooting. I dont know what I should use as far as the rooting app with what my system is running nor can I seem to find anything on 2.3.4. hopefully maybe someone here can give me a step by step process to follow for what I need to have on my phone as far as apps software and so fourth to get my phone rooted. I have put all my phone information below. any advice tips or instructions would be much appreciated. I am a beginner at all of this new technology and am just trying to get into it so I am lousy with the abrev. like SPFing OTA ROM Nandroid?? Also Froyo dont really get where I can find any specific how to's on knowing what they do where you can find them what they mean. I believe froyo is something you go to for back ups other than that I am not quite sure. OTA I am guessing firmware?? I am truely at lose with all of it and would love to learn more. I am not planning on rooting my phone until I am absolutely sure that I can do it and that I understand every aspect of all the steps and programs involved. thank you in advance for any help or tips Droid X2 Android version 2.3.4
? Baseband Version n_03.13.28s ???
? Kernal version 2.6.32.9-00005-g2440aba ??
? ERI version 5 ??
?? PRL version 52522 ??? ANY ??? MEANS I DONT KNOW IF YOU NEED THIS
INFO. NOR DO I KNOW WHAT IT IS AND ITS
PURPOSE ANY HELP IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

Garybusy113

Reaction score
First, this is the wrong subfourm but I am sure a mod will move it. Second, search on this site and google are your friends. Use them and enjoy the wealth of information that flows fourth. This FAQ thread should help out a lot. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...-dummies-guide-android-terminoligy-lingo.html

Edit: I went over my post after posting it. I didn't mean to come off rude but simple google searches will save you much more time than waiting for a reply.

OP
Cierrahauff

Cierrahauff

Reaction score
I have been on google almost everyday i actually found this forum on google. I agree that hou can find a ton of info on there i am just concerned and dont want to take wrong info from a random site thats there. Thank you for the tips. (Sorry about posting in wrong forum) no worries here gary thnx for the link i will be looking there after i finish this reply

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thread moved to DX2 Hacks section.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

03civicdx

Reaction score
Petes one click root tool worked just fine for me. Just google Petes one click root tool from your computer. Download the program. Then hook your phone up and root. Its pretty simple.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums