Droid X Water Damage Sticker

blulie

Reaction score
When setting up my Droid X for the first time I noticed that the two water damage stickers by the battery are white with red X's - does this mean it has already been damaged or does the sticker go completely red when damaged?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
When it gets wet, the red X's will fade/blur. So blurry Xs = it got moist. If it gets REALLY wet then it will probably just be a solid pink.

lilsnot23

Reaction score
Water Damage

Ok, My phone is having troubles...... and I have had seirous trouble with my phones from verizon... so i am getting really sick of all this crap! but, i have the droid x, and for the most part, i LOVE it, but it power cycles, randomly, like oh not using the phone im going to power cycle, or you're in the middle of a conversation.... yea, im going to poer cycle now! sounds like a great time!!! they are sending me a new one, but i am afraid that i'm going to continue having trouble with phones, i need help! also, my water damage indicator sticker is white... does this mean everything is a ok???

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Ok, My phone is having troubles...... and I have had seirous trouble with my phones from verizon... so i am getting really sick of all this crap! but, i have the droid x, and for the most part, i LOVE it, but it power cycles, randomly, like oh not using the phone im going to power cycle, or you're in the middle of a conversation.... yea, im going to poer cycle now! sounds like a great time!!! they are sending me a new one, but i am afraid that i'm going to continue having trouble with phones, i need help! also, my water damage indicator sticker is white... does this mean everything is a ok???

Mine has done that a couple of times. It makes the SD card notification sound randomly and I'm like...WTF...it just rebooted. However, it only did that a few times and that was only after I flashed the original .sbf file when I went back to 2.1 from the leaked 2.2 firmware. But it hasn't done it since the day I flashed back.

SharpGT500

Reaction score
If you want to keep that sticker white with red X's , do not carry it in your pocket. I have been having trouble with my phone sense the first week. It locks up, you can't answer it, it shuts off and more. I have been complaining but they had me pulling the battery, reseting to factory new and waiting on updates. Now that I have finally had enough and want a new phone, they won't give me a new phone because the dot on the phone turned red. The battery sticker is still ok but they say it got wet. I have never dropped it water and if I did the battery would be red too. He told me that carrying it in my pocket can make it trip. I have carried every phone I have ever had in my pocket including an iPhone 3G and have never had that problem. :icon_evil: