Droid X vs Motorola X

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
motoroladroidxengadget01.jpg

motorola-x-phone.jpg

Minus the locked bootloader the droid x was arguably the best built motorola android device. I am still seeing people with droid x to date. Where the og droid brought eyes to android the droid x brought every day users to the platform. So lets look at what the droid x did a few years ago. It was a 4.3 inch phone with a 1 gig processor, which was fast for its time, and like its predecessor (the og droid) it was built like a tank. It also ushered in an era where verizon began filling the phone with bloat and locking bootloaders and motorola shifted to blur on their droid devices. The droid x literally was the crossroads for motorola, verizon, and android fans and now we come upon another cross roads with another "x" by motorola. Will motorola be able to right the ship?

My opinion is Motorola has to become a multiple carrier device. Though Verizon brought them back from the grave with the og droid they are now leading them back with their business practices. Motorola having their eggs in one basket has proven costly as that basket has been found to have holes in it. When the note 2 was released, even though verizon delayed their release, it did not hinder the success of the device as other carriers advertised and pushed device. The Razr maxx hd was slated to be a hot device after seeing the battery life from the razr maxx. But because of a late release fans wanting the battery life of the maxx hd saw reviews of the note 2 with just as good of battery life with better features and specs. That personally was the reason I passed on the maxx had and went with the note 2 and I have no regrets. Motorola needs to stretch their legs and release devices on other carriers so they can give customers the devices they want with out worrying about one carrier placing restrictions that could alienate customers.

Can Motorola right the ship and will this be the device (or series of devices) to do it?

Sgt Fury

Reaction score
Although I'm really digging my SGS3, I do miss the reliability and heartieness of my Driod X.

77Pat

Reaction score
I miss the battery life. The phone was very solid for me until the end. The internal memory was the thing holding it back for me (even after clearing cache). Otherwise it was a tank. I currently have an htc rezound and have trouble getting through a day, even when not using it much. Although I am not much of a power user...I would be happy with something like and hd version of the razr m, with an upgraded camera.