Droid X triangle exclamation! Help!

kodemaniam

Reaction score
I have a leaked GB file on my dx. I am now trying to get Cyanogen Mod 7. I have dropped the file on my SD but now in recovery I cant get passed the Triangle and Exclamation point. I have pulled battery and retried and hit the search button many times. Please help!!! I want CM7!!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
First off, to get into stock recovery on GB, you have to hit the volume buttons, then the menu will come up and you use the power button to choose.

READ THIS BEFORE YOU TRY AND DO ANYTHING WITH CM7:

You cannot install CM7 in stock recovery and you cannot install it over GB. You must sbf back to Froyo, root, and use Droid 2 Bootstrap.

SSX v2.0

OP
K

kodemaniam

Reaction score
thanks for the tip but it still hasnt done anything. when i hold the power button and the volume buttons it simply just boots normally. When I hold the power and home buttons it gives me the triangle but the search button doesnt work and neither do the volume keys.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, hold the power and home button. Then at the Android recovery screen, press both volume buttons and release. The recovery menu will come up. Now, instead of choosing an option with the camera button or menu button, use the power button instead.

Remember what I said though, you cannot flash CM7 over Gingerbread. You must be on Froyo and use Droid 2 bootstrap. Otherwise you will brick your phone and have to sbf anyway.

SSX v2.0

OP
K

kodemaniam

Reaction score
Alright. Got that. I dont know how to sbf back to froyo. Could I any help with that? Much appreciated man.

OP
K

kodemaniam

Reaction score
Thanks a lot man. I really appreciate it. Ive been trying to root it but with z4root it didnt work at all. I'll settle for CM7 :)dancedroid

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree. Its beast! And you could have used Gingerbreak to root if you were on the .595 leaks or lower. If you flashed the non rooted .596 version, you would have to sbf anyway, then install the rooted .596 Gingerbread files.

Anyway, I think you will really like CM7. Its awesome and its actually 2.3.4 Gingerbread. It just uses the Froyo kernel.

SSX v2.0

OP
K

kodemaniam

Reaction score
I know have CM7dancedroid
But now Whenever I go to ROM manager to install google apps it tells me that i need to update my ROM manager. Any Help with that?