Droid X To Get 4.5.605 Update Starting September 19th; Fixes a Keyboard Bug

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droidx-ota-update.PNG

Droid X devices will be receiving an OTA update, version 4.5.605, starting today, September 19th. Supposedly, the update will not work if you are rooted. Also, the update only has one fix, a keyboard bug, even though it is a 113MB download, so keep these things in mind if you want it.

Source: DroidXForums via MyDroidWorld and VZW DroidXUpdate4.5.605.pdf Doc

Sqube

Reaction score
113MB and all it wants to do is fix the keyboard? Malarkey. They're probably just trying to unroot people again. They can miss me with this one.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
113MB and all it wants to do is fix the keyboard? Malarkey. They're probably just trying to unroot people again. They can miss me with this one.

You get a like for using the word "malarkey". That is all.

rowdyguy124

Reaction score
Mine refuses to work 6-8 times a day randomly. You back out of it and go back in a minute or two later and it works. PITA! Mine reboots 50% of the time I place it in the car or media dock as well. Was rock solid on Froyo...

R

RETG

Too bad they are not addressing the other problems such as turns on by itself when turn off, camera GPS, WiFi disconnect after about 10 minutes, hard key LEDs are intermittently on when phone is in sleep mode, with alarm set, or just when they darn well feel like turning on. Moto has failed their X customers, and I for one, will be known as an EX Moto customer come sometime after October. HTC or LG, but never again Moto.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten the update?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

sweenbeen

Reaction score
So the update is officially here... or atleast just pushed to me. Debating on updating. Thoughts? And did they end up patching the exploit in it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

viper3773

Reaction score
does anyone have a problem with the alarm clock app not opening? :/