Droid X Slowing to a Crawl...

LCSteve

Reaction score
A senior citizen & Veteran would sure appreciate some guidance on my Motorola Droid X (Version 2.3.4)... main problem is, the phone has slowed to an annoying crawl... Also, when I “awaken” it, it defaults to a blank screen with just the dock showing at the bottom.

1. Total Space on the SD card is 14.83 GB... Available space is 4.41 GB. Application storage available space is 5.72 GB

2. RAM used is 274 MB, Free is 91 MB

3. Camera Roll = 329 items, 30 videos, 16 folders, and “All Photos” = 579... If I need to move/remove photos, to where should I move them, and how?

Since I’m not quite eligible for an upgrade, what are my options? Is there anything I can do to speed up the phone?

Thanks...

z06mike

Reaction score
Have you tried the easiest solution to just do a battery pull?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

z06mike

Reaction score
Is the phone slow everywhere or just in the app drawer??

Have you installed any apps recently that might not be playing well with your phone?? Install an app like this or this and see if it helps you out.

OP
L

LCSteve

Reaction score
Is the phone slow everywhere or just in the app drawer??

Have you installed any apps recently that might not be playing well with your phone?? Install an app like this or this and see if it helps you out.

The phone is slow everywhere - it's especially noticeable when using the touch screen - making a phone call, composing a text, searches, etc. I don't have a lot of apps, and they are seldom running at the same time. I used to have "task killer" but was told that it was "over-kill" since the Android OS has its own... I appreciate your willingness to help me out on this...

z06mike

Reaction score
The phone is slow everywhere - it's especially noticeable when using the touch screen - making a phone call, composing a text, searches, etc. I don't have a lot of apps, and they are seldom running at the same time. I used to have "task killer" but was told that it was "over-kill" since the Android OS has its own... I appreciate your willingness to help me out on this...

I am always willing to help out. Shoot me a pm w ur Gmail so we can Google Talk and try to figure this out.

Sent from my GeeEssThree

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The best solution would be a hard reset, but you will lose everything with the exception of anything backed up by Google or on your memory card.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

z06mike

Reaction score
The best solution would be a hard reset, but you will lose everything with the exception of anything backed up by Google or on your memory card.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

This might be your best option if you're willing to start clean.

Sent from my GeeEssThree

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
I too highly recommend a factory data reset. Fastest this phone has ever been with current update. When you do upgrades without doing this, I believe your phone becomes bogged down, like it's holding older OS version data.

Jale

Reaction score
I've seen that on my X as well. Before you do a factory reset, try to wipe the cache. I also had some applications that didn't work well on this device and slowed it down, notably: - aTAKEphONE: any 1.7x version refuse to work nicely. Had to downgrade to 1.6.4 - Go Launcher Ex: try to restart it. - Facebook: draining the battery and slowing down the phone. Log off and it will help. You may want to uninstall any application you've got when the phone started to slow down.