Droid X screen touching LCD in the middle...

ace2525

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just got a Droid X and noticed that whenever I go out in cold weather the middle of my screen forms a bubble from the glass touching the LCD beneath it...This happens whenever I go outside and stays like it for a while.

I was thinking about taking the screws out or maybe loosing them so the frame is not applying pressure from the glass onto the LCD.

Has anyone had this problem and is there any easy fix? I bought this outright from someone so I cant take it to Verizon..

PC090001.jpg

papapena25

Reaction score
The only time mine has done that was when I put the extended life battery in with the regular battery door. So I just use the extended life battery and door. It's does seem to be a very tight fit.

OP
A

ace2525

Reaction score
Yea, I'm using the regular battery & door...anyone else have this problem

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
Nope and its cold where i live and traveled from humid to dry and back and havent had something like that happen to me. I think you should turn it in to vzw since you barely got it and its not normal behaviour.

Fate0n3

Reaction score
Def agree doesn't seem right at all. I also work outside for several hours and never had this issue. Man these phones and all there problems lol

timelord

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just got a Droid X and noticed that whenever I go out in cold weather the middle of my screen forms a bubble from the glass touching the LCD beneath it...This happens whenever I go outside and stays like it for a while.

I was thinking about taking the screws out or maybe loosing them so the frame is not applying pressure from the glass onto the LCD.

Has anyone had this problem and is there any easy fix? I bought this outright from someone so I cant take it to Verizon..

PC090001.jpg

Yes my droid x has the very same issue. I can replicate it by applying pressure to the battery door. Also if you remove battery and apply pressure to the back, the screen will ripple.

cpjr

Reaction score
^ummm, yeah any of them will do it if you apply pressure to it, that's normal because your stressing the LCD. Shouldn't do it by itself.

machambe

Reaction score
Mine just started doing this after i got my droid bionic and stopped using it for a few months... the battery looks like it's slightly bowed out. I was going to give this phone to my sister but i don't want it to have this bubble in the middle... think a new battery would fit better fix the problem? i have the standard battery in there btw.

Thanks for any help.