Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I don't Know if it was Posted?

[video=youtube;CVN1qs0g5yY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVN1qs0g5yY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Droid X running Froyo[/video]

tmaxx445

Reaction score
Dang, what are everyone's thoughts on this one? My initial impressions were it was fake, but the flash game looks real. We will have to see what comes up in the next few days. I will be receiving my Droid X tomorrow, so I am super excited about it.

tmaxx445

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Last edited:
OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
I asked a friend in my van pool that works for Verizon wireless this morning if froyo is on any Droid X's He said as of Monday any DX's coming in has 2.2 on it. Mine do not have the upgrade yet. He said it should be here by the end of the week. If anyone Got an DX this week Please let me know if it comes with FROYO 2.2.dancedroid

Last edited:

tmaxx445

Reaction score
Mine should be here very soon, as I saw the Fedex truck drive past my house. He goes around the block, then comes back to the houses on the other side. Mine shipped out Sunday the 31 so I am doughtful be we will see. Did your friend say anything about an OTA update coming?

tmaxx445

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I asked a friend in my van pool that works for Verizon wireless this morning if froyo is on any Droid X's He said as of Monday any DX's coming in has 2.2 on it. Mine do not have the upgrade yet. He said it should be here by the end of the week. If anyone Got an DX this week Please let me know if it comes with FROYO 2.2.dancedroid
I am not sure he has his info correct. He may have been thinking of the original droid. The Dx hasn't even announced 2.2 yet.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
I am not sure he has his info correct. He may have been thinking of the original droid. The Dx hasn't even announced 2.2 yet.

We were talking about the Droid X when he told me. I do not know but from other sites I looked at it looks like the video is real. All I know is that my DX does not have the upgrade yet, but my brother upgraded his Droid to 2.2 yesterday.

ktdevil5

Reaction score
He was proberly talking about the original droid... I am still hoping though...

tx3kgtman

Reaction score
I talked to a verizon tech this morning who said that the 2.2 update is rolling out now but for only a certain percentage a day to devices over the next month. Im not familiar with verizon and how they release there updates because I just switched over from ATT. Kinda seems odd not everyone gets it at the same time.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well lets hope thats all true, but i don't buy it. There would be more than one person on the internet with it by now in my mind.

Firehazard

Reaction score
That kid sucks and he says fantastic way too much.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

smokecombs

Reaction score
Looked legit to me but I'm a noob. I think it's funny how we are all competitive, if a guy is "rooted" with a rom or whatever he's like "oh 2.2 is OLD news for us rooted guys (with implied condescension)". lol, everyone has to have something first. I'm not rooted but can't wait for this update just to see what all the fuss is about.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState