Droid X random re-booting ?

tribeguy1971

Reaction score
I received the recent OTA 2.3.340 and since then I am on my 2nd device . The first one within a day of receiving the update it started randomly rebooting itself . It did it about 12-15 times in 3 days before I called VZW and they just sent a replacement . I got the new one yesterday , and it immediately told me there was a new update available . I installed it and and since then it has already randomly rebooted 3 times . Is there a flaw or bug in the update ? Has anyone else received this update and had ANY problems ? Is this the official Gingerbread update . I don't wanna have to reinstall ALL my market apps by getting a 3rd device . Also , is there any apps that could have a bug that have known problems I may have . I won't list all my apps , but if anyone knows of any , please let me know . Thanks for all your help ! ! !:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

xliderider

Reaction score
Have you been transferring your original sd card into the replacement devices? If so, then that may be the root of your problem. A bad file/filesystem on your sd card can cause lagging, restarts, rebooting, and freezing. Also, are you having any problems with the Gallery app displaying pics? That is a big clue that something is messed up on your card.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Have you been transferring your original sd card into the replacement devices? If so, then that may be the root of your problem. A bad file/filesystem on your sd card can cause lagging, restarts, rebooting, and freezing. Also, are you having any problems with the Gallery app displaying pics? That is a big clue that something is messed up on your card.

It would be a horrible coincidence to have two phones have the same problem like that. I have downloaded that update to 3 X's and have had no problems at all. Im gonna have to tell you what xliderider told you. There is something that you are carrying over from the previous a SD card or maybe an app? If it doensn't hurt to much unistall all your apps :icon_eek: and try to see what happens after a reboot. If it still does it I would say SD card. If its not the SD card than I am gonna have to chalk it up to bad luck! :icon_ banana:
Hope this helps!

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I received the recent OTA 2.3.340 and since then I am on my 2nd device . The first one within a day of receiving the update it started randomly rebooting itself . It did it about 12-15 times in 3 days before I called VZW and they just sent a replacement . I got the new one yesterday , and it immediately told me there was a new update available . I installed it and and since then it has already randomly rebooted 3 times . Is there a flaw or bug in the update ? Has anyone else received this update and had ANY problems ? Is this the official Gingerbread update . I don't wanna have to reinstall ALL my market apps by getting a 3rd device . Also , is there any apps that could have a bug that have known problems I may have . I won't list all my apps , but if anyone knows of any , please let me know . Thanks for all your help ! ! !:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

No. This is simply because Verizon/Motorola updates are completely worthless. They send out one update to fix 2 issues and you get 3 issues in return. Heck of a deal right?

I would continue to call warranty till you get what you want (a phone that works).

Sorry your having issues.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

crzydjm

Reaction score
Mine's been doing this too. Now I know why, he he he

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App