OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
merged threads,

11bravo

Reaction score
Hey guys is there anything special I need to download or can I just start to input these commands in terminal emulator?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
before starting I recomend you be familiar with terminal emulator, you have an sbf ready to go, and you make a nandroid backup. Since you have a droid x make sure you use the droid x file and not the droid 2 file. They are not interchangeable.

11bravo

Reaction score
Ok gotcha thanks! Will bootstrap backup good enough? That's what I have.

mza929

Reaction score
wow

This is great stuff guys - thank you to all!!!

There is a lot of info spread around here - any chance up updateing OP as a instructional guide for various OC speeds... for example have different instructions for 1100, 1200, 1300 etc?

Also - (and forgive me if this has been covered) but when I had the D1, I found underclocking the lowest slot to 125mhz saved me battery when my phone was sleeping... anyone try setting the first slot to a lower speed?

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
people just trying stuff, I suggest you write down the numbers that was successful and failed. Each phones is different and voltage that allow me to get to 1300 for me may cause your device to root, while another guys d2 can hold 1400 at that voltage. its a matter of research to see what others have been successful with and compare.

RootedX

Reaction score
Quick question...
Does anybody know what to type into terminal emulator so that you are able to change your settings in setscaling.sh without rebooting? I remember reading about it somewhere but cant find it again

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Quick question...
Does anybody know what to type into terminal emulator so that you are able to change your settings in setscaling.sh without rebooting? I remember reading about it somewhere but cant find it again

1) make sure you have the right zip file I have 2 in this thread one for dx other for d2 if you innterchange them you will have reboots.

2) once you enter the command: # insmod /system/lib/modules/overclock.ko

you wont have to enter it again upon reboot.

3) its so much easier to just do it using root explorer. after entering that command then go into root explorer and click
-systems folder
-xbin folder
-long press the setscaling100sh file
-scroll down to text editor
- then edit the numbers, becareful and increase slowly.
- after you done click back and save
- then click on the setscaling100sh file to execute

4) if you get a reboot the numbers or voltage may be to high. Start off first by increasing 100 at a time.

Good luck.

RootedX

Reaction score
I may have phrased my question wrong... it seems like if I have already edited the setscaling.sh values and ran the commands in terminal emulator i cannot change my values again without rebooting the phone first to clear the edited setscale values. Is there a way to clear them without rebooting the phone. Mabey the setscaling100.sh allows you to do this? I have not configured that yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ttlycnfuzd

Reaction score
I may have phrased my question wrong... it seems like if I have already edited the setscaling.sh values and ran the commands in terminal emulator i cannot change my values again without rebooting the phone first to clear the edited setscale values. Is there a way to clear them without rebooting the phone. Mabey the setscaling100.sh allows you to do this? I have not configured that yet.

I have a couple different files in with my setscaling.sh file... setscaling.sh has the defaults, then I have 100 khz incriments in there... setscaling100.sh, setscaling200.sh ... etc ... so all I need to do is tap each (or run from terminal) sh file that I want to run... so if I find a speed that works great, (for example 1.2 ghz) i just tap setscaling200.sh and go to setcpu and make my max now 1200... now if I play with 1.3 ghz and find a value that works, I just modify my setscaling300.sh, tap it, setcpu... and bam!

Basically those are just script files that modify values in the /proc files... The only caveat here is that you do need to run the insmod ...overclock.ko command once each boot. I have gscript set up with those commands automatically tho, so if I don't like the temps, or it gets sluggish, I just go in, hit "stock" and I am back to stock speeds...

Long winded, but hope you get the point.... :)

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
man had 1350 going for about a minute and a half through the stress test before a reboot.

RootedX

Reaction score

I have a couple different files in with my setscaling.sh file... setscaling.sh has the defaults, then I have 100 khz incriments in there... setscaling100.sh, setscaling200.sh ... etc ... so all I need to do is tap each (or run from terminal) sh file that I want to run... so if I find a speed that works great, (for example 1.2 ghz) i just tap setscaling200.sh and go to setcpu and make my max now 1200... now if I play with 1.3 ghz and find a value that works, I just modify my setscaling300.sh, tap it, setcpu... and bam!

Basically those are just script files that modify values in the /proc files... The only caveat here is that you do need to run the insmod ...overclock.ko command once each boot. I have gscript set up with those commands automatically tho, so if I don't like the temps, or it gets sluggish, I just go in, hit "stock" and I am back to stock speeds...

Long winded, but hope you get the point.... :)

I think I understand. Thanks

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
from droid life:

Unstable Apps Releases Simple Droid X and 2 Overclock App

On 10.21.10, In Apps, DROID2, DROIDX, News, Root (unlock), by Kellex

Remember the 2 overclocking methods released this week for the Droid X and Droid 2 that had some pretty intimidating steps involved which scared most of us off? No worries people, we now have an app that does all of the work for you. From the same dev that brought you Easy Root, you can now enjoy some minor overclocking on your DX or D2 with DX/D2 Overclocker.
Sets you back $.99 in the market.

wmnomore

Reaction score
Jrummy just posted an overclocking app to the market. .99c.
Made my phone boot loop so far, will let you know if i can get it to work.