droid x or wait?

droid 10

Reaction score
we are going to switch to Verizon after alltel switches to at&t and i was wondering if i should go ahead and get the droid x or should i wait a little longer and see if something new is about to come out.. because i played with the droid x the other day and it looks to be one of the best phones i have ever seen, and if can do a **** load of stuff, but there is a rumored 1.2 GHZ processor coming out isnt there?

abraham3660

Reaction score
I would wait till this holiday season. There are so many rumors of new phones coming out for verizon this holiday season i can't wait to see what comes true. Im really anxious to see if the rumor of a verizon phone coming out with Android 2.5 Gingerbread comes true. So, like i said, I would wait, or i have a feeling you'll be disappointed.

everstar80

Reaction score
Even with the Microsoft lawsuit looming, I say wait. The new devices speculated to come later this year and they are going to be fast and amazing. Give it a little time, the other posters are right.

sharpz

Reaction score
verizon

we are going to switch to Verizon after alltel switches to at&t and i was wondering if i should go ahead and get the droid x or should i wait a little longer and see if something new is about to come out.. because i played with the droid x the other day and it looks to be one of the best phones i have ever seen, and if can do a **** load of stuff, but there is a rumored 1.2 GHZ processor coming out isnt there?

I thought Alltel was bought out by Verizion? Why would the customers be going to AT&T?

StupidGenius

Reaction score

I thought Alltel was bought out by Verizion? Why would the customers be going to AT&T?

Verizon had to agree to divest portions of their Alltel holdings in order to get govt approval for the acquisition. AT&T acquired those customers.

misskassie11

Reaction score
umm its up to you. I have a droid X and absolutely love it. umm but droid x will be there when you decide so maybe wait until you see what the new season has coming. There is a rumor that in January the iPhone is coming to Verizon.

mystified

Reaction score
umm its up to you. I have a droid X and absolutely love it. umm but droid x will be there when you decide so maybe wait until you see what the new season has coming. There is a rumor that in January the iPhone is coming to Verizon.

uhhh didn't the CEO of Verizon say a few days ago no Iphone to be on Verizon? mystified

ram1000

Reaction score

uhhh didn't the CEO of Verizon say a few days ago no Iphone to be on Verizon? mystified

Not having used an Iphone I long for something other than my Droid. I seem to be one of the only persons not impressed with the Droid. While it does some things well over all I dislike the programing of it. Sometimes long waits for phone actions, sometimes poor phone reception - don't be ridiculous and tell me about poor service areas, I know about that and I'm talking about the same areas where another phone gets good service (in fact my employer made me take a company flip-phone because he could not make out what I was saying at times), sometimes slow response to calling out, it often starts another program when I quit one- again don't offer a program shut down app, it should not do this in the first place, it often changes the volume of my ring- usually lower so that I miss calls, I often have to take the battery out and do a hard reboot to get the phone to respond at all. I don't have but one program that is not a "MARKET" sourced program. I'm just fed up with the poor programing of this operating system. I will be anxious to see what MS offers in the future or how the iphone works. I realize that these other phones may have there own quirks and if that is what I discover I will be going back to a simple flip phone.

everstar80

Reaction score
Maybe you should check out to see if your device is malfunctioning before you slam the entire droid system, ram1000. Because it sounds to me its your device, not droid os itself.

ram1000

Reaction score
Maybe you should check out to see if your device is malfunctioning before you slam the entire droid system, ram1000. Because it sounds to me its your device, not droid os itself.

I'm not interested in your little quilt trip. I responded too someone wonderimg about this tool and will continue too give my insites. This is the second time I have input this text as often this feature will gp nack to the home screen by just hitting the next key...

everstar80

Reaction score

I'm not interested in your little quilt trip. I responded too someone wonderimg about this tool and will continue too give my insites. This is the second time I have input this text as often this feature will gp nack to the home screen by just hitting the next key...

First off if you're going to snap at someone, at least spellcheck before you go on a trivial rant (i.e. insights instead of 'insites'). Secondly, common sense would tell you that if you come to a forum called droid forums with people who study and give advice to help those in need, then it is surmised that you are bound to receive a barrage of insults about devices WE are passionate about.

ram1000

Reaction score
I don't identify with emotional responses to a tool.so no mre responses to u.
To the rest have you noticed more quirks in the updated operating system?