Droid X or Samsung Fascinate?

OP
gamemaster333

gamemaster333

Reaction score
Haha! I wish I could, but I'm just a lowly college student with not much income. =/ oh well, droid X will suffice. xP

bears4154

Reaction score
Go with Motorola.

The ONLY reason that I would go with the Droid X over the Fascinate is that Verizon and Motorola are VERY close right now, where as this is the first (I believe?) Samsung phone to launch on Verizon. And on top of that, Samsung is known to not back up their phones (Behold 2, Samsung Moment (It got 2.1 I know, but not froyo) anyone?). So you are much better off with going with Motorola, at least when it comes to Big Red.

Sorry that was so long :icon_eek:

Just go for X.

Golden Smith

Reaction score
Droid X. It will be the fastest and biggest phone out on the market. You are going to kick yourself if you decide to get anything else.

Kane337

Reaction score
Easy decision. Go with the Fascinate. It will be available September 9th.

tdawg

Reaction score
I have had the Droid X for a week now. I was in the store today playing with the Samsung Fascinate and I liked it a lot. I took a picture and did a side by side comparison. Even though the Droid X has 8 megapixels, the picture on the Fascinate was a lot crisper looking and the color of the picture looked a lot better. Actually, the colors on the Fascinate were easier on the eyes in general.

I tried to take a scenery picture of the sun setting with the Droid X and it didn't come out nice at all. (Yes, I tried to take this picture using all the different picture settings) The sky looked like a big blur. You couldn't see all the different colors in the sky or the clouds. I don't know how well the Samsung could do it but I imagine it to look better.

The Fascinate was a lot easier to text/type with also. I guess maybe because it is a little smaller and thinner. It is hard to put the cursor in the spot when editing a line of text with the Droid X. I tried this with the Fascinate and had no problem doing it.

So, I am thinking about switching to the Fascinate. I really liked it a lot.