Droid X notification bar for D2 Global...

Rufus65

Reaction score
Is their any way to change the color of the Notification bar to mimic the Droid X black notification bar without rooting or using metamorph?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Snare

Reaction score
It should change once you get gingerbread.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
R

Rufus65

Reaction score
I just got this D2 Global as my replacement warrenty phone. It's a brand new system with no root access...yet. System version is 2.4.3. And android version is 2.2. and my D2 global says I am up to date... no updates available...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Saosinx

Reaction score
The gingerbread OTA was pulled about a week or 2 ago for some bug fixes. You can still update using TBHs leak or the pre rooted version (which I opted to do) if you instal the unrooted leak, get root with droid 3 one click, zroot won't work. Hope this helps.

OP
R

Rufus65

Reaction score
...if you install the unrooted leak, get root with droid 3 one click...

I'm a little confused in this stating of words... I want to try out the unroot leak first, then after a while i'll switch to root. So for me to install the unrooted leak, I need to use the "Droid 3 One-Click root"?

Just please post a link to properly backup my stock and a link to the proper droid 3 one-click root, Thanks.... :)

Last edited:

Saosinx

Reaction score
No, you just install the unrooted zip to get GB, then once you're ready for root, use the d3 one click method. Make sense?

OP
R

Rufus65

Reaction score
okay, makes sense, now where can i find a clean copy of the unrooted zip?

OP
R

Rufus65

Reaction score
okay, i feel stupid...and you might get a little bit more angrier at me.......how do i do the install with the unrooted GB, i have both zipped and unzipped files on my phone via dropbox...

Saosinx

Reaction score
Rename the download to update.zip place it in the rood of your sdcard, seeing as you said your system is bone stock, no need to sbf, reboot into recovery while holding x + power. Once in recovery, run the update.zip, clear cache & date, and reboot. Done.

Saosinx

Reaction score
Let me know if there's any more questions. Do you have pc access while doing this just in case you hit a snag and need an answer?