Droid X Multitouch Keyboard has been ported and Available!

ipawd1

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone the Droid X Multitouch Keyboard has been ported!

repackaged-signed.apk

Source: [APP] [REQUEST] Can anyone port Droid X 2.1 keyboard to N1 on 2.2? - xda-developers

Droid X Multitouch Keyboard Available - Android Forums

You need to have "non-market sources" enabled in your application settings. You can install the file with any file manager, such as Astro.

Report back with your experiences! Also, apparently the vibrate when key pressed feature doesn't work.

Been reported to work on Evo, Incredible, and I'm currently running on my Droid!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Force closes on me every time...:(

chuckoneil

Reaction score
so how do i get it on my Droid. Im a newbie. Do i just download, drag over to the SD card then install with astro?

bump47

Reaction score
Wow! I knew there was a reason I held out on Froyo lol. This is great. Way better than even Smart Keyboard Pro. I love it! So fast and doesn't mess up texting at all! Great!

jkayner

Reaction score
i installed, it, but what sort of multitouch feature does it do? pressing 2 letters does nothing.

edit. after messing around for a minute, if you press the caps button and a letter it lets you capitalize just that letter. when you let off the caps, it goes back to lowercase without having to cycle through like usual.

Codiusprie

Reaction score
So this seems to add text prediction/correction to the physical keyboard, but it also causes the phone to send duplicate text messages if I use the physical keyboard to send them. This is weird and also annoying. The on screen keyboard is really nice though.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
No Go on Froyo...BB 0.2

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
IN.

thank you for this .apk file, i'll give it a test run as soon as i get home.